Cobalt SS T/C & Cobalt SS S/C vs SRT-4 - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Cobalt SS T/C & Cobalt SS S/C vs SRT-4

taken from srtforums

srt was only seeing 19-20 psi, which is low for a stg3 car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshb827 View Post
These past few weeks ive been letting a well known local in the SRT community (NeonDan) take care of many of the issues with my car. We are still chasing a few small things but for the most part the car is running 100% better than when i first got it and i dont regret my purchase. Tonight was the first time i actually got to see how it compares with some of the locals and although Dan was with me videoing the races.

Ok so heres the video:

YouTube - HP tuned Cobalt SS T/C & HP tuned TVS Cobalt SS S/C vs Stage 3 SRT-4

any feedback is welcomed and hope you guys enjoy it i know i did:thumbsup:

Thanks,

Josh

05 flame red neon
MODS- ptp s3k turbo @ 27psi, ptp ported exh mani, agp wga, agp sri, jmb hardpipes, cti hotside pipe, hks ssqv bov, Ex Depot SB ic, prothane mm inserts, coolingmist w/i (trunk mount), FIC 625cc inj, agp returnline, needswings v5 dp, qtp e-cutout, maddog 50% sts, eibach sportlines, dcr oil modifier, safc2 and a few more things i can't remember
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 04:43 PM

Garage
So the SS/SC put up more of a fight than the SS/TC??

I thought that would be the case from a roll because I have driven the SS/TC (stock) and it did not feel any faster than my SS/SC and my mods are as listed....

Nice video though. Like the quality as well.

Any questions about the Balt, all answered here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Contributing User

I've heard that the TVS blowers can ad up to 60WHP to a Cobalt. Should be enough to get it out running A turbo balt. Just not enough to get it to outrun a S3 skittle with issues.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 12:32 PM

Garage
Well the mods I have make me compete with mild fox bodies. Heads, Cam Intake. I will have to post videos so that you can see. My buddy built his 302 bore it over to a 306, put heads, headers, intake, pullies, smog pump delete and catless and we stay even up to 130mph from a roll. The only reason why is he still has 273s. He has some 327s ready to drop in and I am sure that as soon as he does that, he will walk me by maybe a car or two on the strip.

Any questions about the Balt, all answered here:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode