Cobalts SS banner

Cobalt SS 2.4 vs. Integra GSR coupe

5K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  WhiteSS 
#1 ·
Well, before I even get my '07 Cobalt (delivery time is outrageous!!!!), i've ever set up a pretty fair seeming race. I was talking to a good friend of mine's little brother (who i'm also fairly good friends with) who has a 95 Integtra GSR, with just an AEM cai. Funny enough, i've already ordered my AEM cai, as well as a TWM short shifter and Smoothlocks, and will be putting them all on the day I get my car. Of course, i'll break it in first before doing any racing, but the point is, we'll be very evenly matched. I think GSRs came stock with 170hp if i'm not mistaken, and the 2.4SS has 171hp. And, we'll both be basically stock with the exception of an intake (and a short shifter in my case, but I doubt that will really improve my times or anything.....all it did on my RX was make driving more fun!). Anywho, we'll probally throw a little bit of money down just for kicks, (and this will be at a track mind you) and i'll keep you updated on when we actually race and the results. :)

#2 ·
I say 2.4 by 1/2 a car cant deny the torque

#4 ·
orange juice said:
How much do both cars weigh. That will be the more important thing since both are close to each other in hp.

My LS teg was decently quick for a bone stock bolt in B18C
Cobalt SS 2.4 weighs 2991 and the Integra GSR weighs 2529. However, the cobalt has 163 ft-lbs torque and the Teggy only has 129 ft-lbs torque. Should make for an interesting race.

btw........BeltDriven..........33" wheels?????? Gooooood godddddd.........thats insane!!! Did you sell your house, pawn your children and trade your wife to get them? haha, got any pics?

#8 ·
orange juice said:
Its a tire series, not wheel size.
haha, ah, gotcha. Sorry, its just that i'm so used to hearing all those crappy rap songs on the radio about how they're "rollin' up on 22's" and sittin' on "fo-fo's"......whatever the hell that means........44" wheels.......I sure hope not unless they're driving a CAT commercial earth mover or something. But yeah, makes sense now. However, they do have wheels in Dupont registry in an add that are a whopping 38"!!!!!! Who's gonna put them on their ride, and more importantly, how, is beyond me though.....

#9 ·
WhiteSS said:
haha, ah, gotcha. Sorry, its just that i'm so used to hearing all those crappy rap songs on the radio about how they're "rollin' up on 22's" and sittin' on "fo-fo's"......whatever the hell that means........44" wheels.......I sure hope not unless they're driving a CAT commercial earth mover or something. But yeah, makes sense now. However, they do have wheels in Dupont registry in an add that are a whopping 38"!!!!!! Who's gonna put them on their ride, and more importantly, how, is beyond me though.....
Just read in this week's Sports Illustrated that Dwayne Wade won a celbrity/athlete DUB competition with his white Hummer H2, sitting on 30"s.

Just some random FYI.

#10 ·
Sorry was Out of town actually in Rochester about 6 hours from home. As for the Truck 4 inch lift and dual exhaust ram air hood and a K&N kit Oh as for the rap songs 44 are tires that came as an option on 84 caddy's aslo called elbows not 44 inch tires yea I got a lot of stares in that truck when I rolled down the windows not everyday you see a black kid in a lifted loud Z71

#11 ·
Just a little correction to what I said about about the Cobalt SS 2.4's power. I said above that it has 171hp.......which is correct if I were to have an '06. But, I ordered an '07, which has 173hp........i'm guessing due to some fine tuning on Chevy's behalf that helped unlock a little bit of hidden power. And yes, I know that 2hp isn't going to make much difference as far as winning a race.......but I just thought that if i'm gonna talk technical about cars, I should at least stay true to what i'm speaking about. :)

#13 ·
Show Off said:
from what i seen, if its anything like the new 2.2's. then yea you gained 3 hp, but lost 3 tq
Just checked Chevy.com for the '07 specs........torque stayed the same at 163ft-lbs. And the hp increase was only by 2, not 3. Don't give the '07 too much credit here, haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.