What i love most about my car - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

What i love most about my car

I love the fact that people look at my car and say "its just a cobalt". i like to drive on the highway a find someone with an old ass neon/civic with a 5 inch ricer exhaust and nothing else that thinks its fast. they are my favorite ones to show my SS badges to as i pull away on them. Just the fact that our cobalts are very under estamated makes beating them that much better. I just went to atco this weekend to settle my grudge with my friend from work, nothing like seeing his mustang with the 302 in it, headers, exhaust, intake, cam, and new gears that he worked on for years lose to me after all the shit talking he did. Any one else have some stories about thier cobalts beating anyone unexcepted?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 11:10 PM

Thumbs up Hondas suck anyways....

Yeah speaking of "just a Cobalt", how about rolling through town at about 45 and a screaming honda pulls alongside. You glance over and nod at the jerk and pull away from him... in 4th gear! His car is about to explode while hes trying to pull out at about 8 grand, and ol' yeller just keeps goin' west bound and down.... The cobalt has great "holeshot" torque even in the higher gears.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 07:07 AM

I have a neon.... but it has a turbo....

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 08:29 AM

I love mine because it's not a dodge.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandoech
Lmao!!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 09:41 AM

So what'd Mr 302 run?
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandoech
lol im not talking bout srt-4s orlando!!! i have respect for any car that can hang with or beat me like yours. My friend with the 302 ran a shitty 15.5! im not sure but i think he actually is making his car slower or something isnt hooked up right cuz with all the work he has done to it a 15.5 is terriable. My best time is only a 14.8 but i have only had my car for a month, been to the track twice, and am a novice driver. and i still beat him. it dosnt make sense to me
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 05:06 PM
Contributing User

maybe with all his money, he made more show than go! money only makes it faster if it's put together the right way.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Contributing User

WOO HOO!!!! 14.8 that sure is blazing fast. I can see how those silly honda & neon drivers would tremble in fear
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast
WOO HOO!!!! 14.8 that sure is blazing fast. I can see how those silly honda & neon drivers would tremble in fear
come on now, he was just probably excited about his victory, (and he should be)

He was probably referring to the riced out base model neons with the erector set spoilers and unpainted body kits that seem to frequent the roads nowadays.

Also, a 14.8 for a any stock honda would not exactly be a cakewalk. I mean the S2000's could do it, but i don't know many stock civics that hit 14's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode