Gotta love when this happens... STi Story! - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Gotta love when this happens... STi Story!

Well I'm leaving Walmart and I am sitting in the parking lot trying to make a phone call (I hate trying to drive and use my cell phone) so I hang up and see this STI fly by pretty fast...

So I and hurry and head out the parking lot, mean while he hit a red light right next to Walmart, so again I'm like .

So I pull up next to him and open my downpipe (Needwings FTW baby), the light goes green and I casually take off... These guys in a Riced out Honda Civic pull up next to me and say, "Race the STi, race the STi". So I just give them a nod.

So I look over at the STi and he starts revving on me, at this time we're both going about 40MPH.

So... we take off.......... VROOM VROOM ZOOMM...

Well, almost immediately I put a car length or so on him. So I begin to think, there is no way he is stock. Well I slow down and he smiles and gives me a thumbsup, so I'm like, "Wow an STi driver that isn't a homo!" so I smile kindly at him.

We slow down and he asks, "Whats done to your car?"
To save time and engery I just say "Stage 2, Exhaust and a few other things"
He ask, "You still on the stock turbo and software?"
I say, "Yeah".
He's like "Its fast!",
So I ask what he is running and he says, "Cobb Stage 2, 3" TBE, CAI, and FMIC and he said he dyno'd 320AWHP"
I was like "Nice".
He said and he has never raced a SRT4 but now respects them.

I then turned and went home.
----------

He was a cool guy and all, but Im sure he was somewhat bent out of shape lol... I've yet to lose to an STi from a roll... Im sure I will eventually though lol... Just had to share my lovely story.

THE END!

PS
My Race FMIC, CAI, and Fuel Pump are NOT installed yet... so those mods were NOT on my car during this.

I was also on my stock Map... my DTEC wasnt active so I was hitting nice low 9-10s AFRs.

Last edited by Orlandoech; 08-22-2006 at 09:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 10:34 AM
Contributing User

so many guys have sti's now and they all think they are fast. so it's good to hear someone losing. i like it.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 11:39 AM

Anyone who owns a AWD and races from a roll is stupid. what ever advantage that extra 800lb or so your toteing around is wasted. all races should go from a dead stop. not knocking you he was dumb enough to race you. good kill

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodis
so many guys have sti's now and they all think they are fast. so it's good to hear someone losing. i like it.
Not trying to start an arguement, but STI's are fast.

And good kill

Fast - 1991 Syclone #1616: sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Project - 1992 Typhoon #0014: in the works
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ugly - 1986 Omni GLH-T2: 202 HP, 243 TQ, 14.150 @ 98.74 MPH

Wifey's - 2006 SS S/C:
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobaltltblue
Anyone who owns a AWD and races from a roll is stupid. what ever advantage that extra 800lb or so your toteing around is wasted. all races should go from a dead stop. not knocking you he was dumb enough to race you. good kill
Yea well when you're just cruising, it wouldnt make much sense to just stop in the middle of the road, then race, or to wait for a red light. Its just "Racing on the go".... ya know.

His car maybe faster on the street from a dig, but at the track, well thats another story.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobaltltblue
yeah it is kinda stupid for a awd car to race from a roll, like he said extra weight and money wasted
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16sy16
Not trying to start an arguement, but STI's are fast.

And good kill
STIs are fast off the line but thats it. Yea they are some really nice modded ones that are WAYYYYYYYYYY fast.

But from a roll STIs arent that fast nor are EVOs.

A stock SRT4 can beat an EVO from a roll and be door to door with an STI. Those are just facts. But STIs and EVOs with a good driver are BEAST from a dig...
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Contributing User

Yes, but SRT4 are what I consider fast too

Fast - 1991 Syclone #1616: sold

Project - 1992 Typhoon #0014: in the works

Ugly - 1986 Omni GLH-T2: 202 HP, 243 TQ, 14.150 @ 98.74 MPH

Wifey's - 2006 SS S/C:
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16sy16
Yes, but SRT4 are what I consider fast too

lol, well thanks!

I raced an STI this weekend from a dig, video will be posted soon. He got me off the line good, but I still beat him!
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandoech
STIs are fast off the line but thats it. Yea they are some really nice modded ones that are WAYYYYYYYYYY fast.

But from a roll STIs arent that fast nor are EVOs.

A stock SRT4 can beat an EVO from a roll and be door to door with an STI. Those are just facts. But STIs and EVOs with a good driver are BEAST from a dig...
Took the words out of my mouth .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode