Cecil county dragway maryland 9/20/06 - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Cecil county dragway maryland 9/20/06

Well took my srt-4 to Cecil county dragway in maryland last night to break in the new mickey t's. I only got 1 run in and only pulled off a 1.9 on the new slicks so i'm disapointed considering I've pulled a 1.7 on a set of borrowed slicks but I talked to a guy last night that was pretty happy with his runs. Dude was driving an 05 red & black Cobalt SS and made a 13.4 run at 105 and followed it up with a 13.6 at 104. He was making plenty of horsepower because his 60 foot was 2.2 and change on both runs. I talked to the guy and he told me he was running GM stage 3 on stage 2 injectors to lean the car out. he also had solid mounts, intake, exhaust and some other stuff which I don't really remember. This is the first cobalt I've seen break 14. The guy told me it's the fastest Cobalt time for a Maryland owned balt so thats his claim to fame. I told the guy I'd give him his props on here for putting his balt in the low 13's where it should be!!!! nice job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 03:33 PM

Nice numbers, but how in the HECK does he have GM stage 3 already?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 03:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to CoBIZZLE
yeah... i doubt he has the GM stage 3... he was prolly joshin ya...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Contributing User

could be intense stage 3.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

He could have said he had a plutonium modulator on his car and I wouldn't know what he was talking about being a dodge guy but he had a stage 3 something because he made a big deal about how he leaned the car out. Was cool to finally see one get down the 1/4 in a hurry. with somes slicks he'd be very close to a 12 second run. He also told me the cobalt has a funny bolt pattern so it's hard to find cheap wheels to run slicks on. Us dodge guys jut get PT Cruzer wheels and go to town!!!

Last edited by bluebeast; 09-21-2006 at 05:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode