SS brings alot of attn (race-wise) - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to ah665
SS brings alot of attn (race-wise)

hey guys, is it just me or since you had your SS it seems like every other kid in there clapped-out, pos Civic (or any other ricer) trys to run you? its pretty bad around here. i get way more ppl try to step to me in the SS than the WS6. its been pretty ridiculous so far, since i've had the car. just the other day i was in traffic on the interstate. we were moving, but very slowly. i was in it for over 30mins and some kid in an Ion (not the redline) w/ a huge exhaust etc was revvin his engine at me and when there would be a gap with the car ahead of him, he was slammin the gas and gettin on the brakes like crazy. i was just watching him like; "is this kid serious?' i just dont get it..lol. i mean i know the SS is a respectable car but i wonder if ppl try to race all the time cause they think they can beat it or cause they just hope they can so they can brag to their friends about how their base model cavi w/ double-decker wing took down a S/C cobalt..lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 09:47 AM

i have 2.4 cobalt

i know what you meen man. round my town im pretty much the fastest car. cuz there really isnt anyone that has a good car. sept i found this one sc cobalt where this guy works but he would smoke me. but anyways i have just the 2.4 and i just put some neons on it working on full exhaust and cai and maybe some other things im trying to keep the car as stock as i can and not void my warrenty why because i like the design and i love my car. but my town sucks in ohio im 5 miles from lake erie and 25 miles west of cleveland. well i guess thats all for now later man.

ryman.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 02:19 PM

I wish I had your problem. I can drive around for hours all around town on a friday or saturday night and not one person will challange me. Its kinda fun once and while to have a little race but I dont even get that. Mind you, you get like the fireing squad and a crushed car for street racing where I live. All the 'ricers' seem to just be into looks and huge subs, not that I expect them to do performance mods but they don't even seem to go over the speed limit. Something is wrong with my city for sure.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 04:37 PM

Sounds like you city just doesnt have that many idiots willing to hurt someone with excessive speeding/racing.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlinden86 View Post
i know what you meen man. round my town im pretty much the fastest car.

ryman.
Big town?
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olvss View Post
Sounds like you city just doesnt have that many idiots willing to hurt someone with excessive speeding/racing.
Exactly

But hey, it's cool to put other people who have no idea what's going on and no desire to participate in danger right? Yeah
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkaline3 View Post
Exactly

But hey, it's cool to put other people who have no idea what's going on and no desire to participate in danger right? Yeah
Exactly, racing is dangerous and foolish, we should all drive a Toyota Prius and go from work to home and nothing else. Also no driving is aloud on sunday unless you go to church and you must car pool or face fines because remember, true freedom is anarchy.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzack View Post
Exactly, racing is dangerous and foolish, we should all drive a Toyota Prius and go from work to home and nothing else. Also no driving is aloud on sunday unless you go to church and you must car pool or face fines because remember, true freedom is anarchy.
Awwww, the little moron's taking potshots at me... how cute

Tracks are there for a reason, I take it by the "all around town" you're pretty much up for racing 'em where ya find 'em. Great way to get mad propz from 14 year olds I guess... shitty way to kill somebody
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 11:41 AM

race = track

streets= stupidity
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 02:31 PM

"Awwww, the little moron's taking potshots at me... how cute"

I'm not taking potshots at anyone, street racing is illegal and can be dangerous but it can also be safe if you find the right place with no people and no other cars. Some people don't have tracks to go to. Some people are stupid and race in highly populated areas, go through red lights, break traffic laws. I mean do you even check out the SS vs section, full of street race videos. I've only raced one person and there was no cars or people around for miles just me and him in the middle of nowhere, but if thats danagerous and stupid to you then I say you think in black and white. Unlike most of the world I don't think in black and white, right and wrong, yes and no. My comment was just to give the extream opposite view of the street racers as a joke. I'm sorry you couldn't handle it without 'taking pot shots' at me by calling me a "little moron". So if you're gonna call people names like a "14 year old" then I won't bother to reply anymore. And what the hell is "mad propz" some teenage slang??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode