SRT4 vs. Cobalt SS/SC - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 437 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

SRT4 vs. Cobalt SS/SC

Ok, so this is a common understanding that I have. No cobalt ss/sc (stock) can take it to an srt-4 (stock). Is this assumption correct? I guess I see an srt-4 and I think (ugly car but don't fuck with him) and I hate seeing a car that I just assume is better than mine. How would a completely stock ss/sc line up against a stock srt-4? I know the srt-4 has 25 more hp but I don't fully understand considering what I have been told the ss/sc has more than 205 at the wheels when it is stock. So orlandoech, you seem to have one of the fastest srt-4s on here, what do you think. can a 2.0 cobalt run next to an srt-4 stock?? And would I dust him with a stage 2?

p.s. Nothing against the srt-4 or its drivers (its kinda like that same football team that beats your team every year without putting forth much effort when you bust your balls and lose) Nothing personal, just would like to beat them once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 437 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to 06supercharged
from what ive heard with equal drivers the str4 will pull on the cobalt in 3rd gear. they had fairly similar 0-60 and 1/4 mile times in a few car mags but the str 4 edged out the cobalt in both catagories. if the cobalt has a better driver it could probably pull on an str4
post #3 of 437 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 11:10 PM

i think that it would come down to the driver. i have talkted to a few people that own an srt-4 and they say the same thing. but i dont know i never have raced an srt-4 yet.

post #4 of 437 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 12:56 AM

Once the SRT hits third he will start to pull and keep pulling on a balt. If you run stage2 you will kill stock skittles.
post #5 of 437 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 02:10 AM
Contributing User

The closest I've ever come to racing a stock skittle was when I raced a stage 1. Since Mopar stage 1 does very little for more horsepower I figure it would be the same. All I had was CAI. I killed him on the launch and kept pulling all the way through the top of second. Once I was in 3rd he walked right past me.

07 Tahoe LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now
post #6 of 437 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 02:43 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy View Post
Once the SRT hits third he will start to pull and keep pulling on a balt. If you run stage2 you will kill stock skittles.
agreed. but mod that skittle and see what happens

05 flame red neon
MODS- ptp s3k turbo @ 27psi, ptp ported exh mani, agp wga, agp sri, jmb hardpipes, cti hotside pipe, hks ssqv bov, Ex Depot SB ic, prothane mm inserts, coolingmist w/i (trunk mount), FIC 625cc inj, agp returnline, needswings v5 dp, qtp e-cutout, maddog 50% sts, eibach sportlines, dcr oil modifier, safc2 and a few more things i can't remember
post #7 of 437 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 02:57 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy1 View Post
agreed. but mod that skittle and see what happens
yep, everything being equal the cobalts very tall 3rd gear makes it lose its impressive lead. Damn Saab tranny's! That's why they changed the size of 3rd in the solstice gxp and sky rl. They made it smaller in those cars.

07 Tahoe LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now
post #8 of 437 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 09:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to aznpariah
I've raced 2 srt-4's. One was slightly modded, boost controler, bigger wastegate, exhaust.... the other was a bone stock one..... the stock one i was gone up untill halfway in third and he started pulling up and passed me just before 4th (not a good driver)..... the other one was redicoulos he had me by 3 car lengths.... i was spinning..... then i gained a little and he started chirping the tires going into 3.... and that was the end of that...lol...he could definately drive...
but basically stock vs stock it's close..... comes down to driver, and traction.
post #9 of 437 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 07:10 PM

I was completely stock (05 SRT-4) and raced a charged SS. He had a bunch of stickers on the side, but I don't think he had all those mods. Only thing I could see was an exhaust. He pulled a bit off the initial punch (40 mph roll), putting his door at front quarter or so. It stayed like that until we let off. I think if we kept going he might have made some more ground but it was a pretty quick race.
post #10 of 437 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpariah View Post
I've raced 2 srt-4's. One was slightly modded, boost controler, bigger wastegate, exhaust.... the other was a bone stock one..... the stock one i was gone up untill halfway in third and he started pulling up and passed me just before 4th (not a good driver)..... the other one was redicoulos he had me by 3 car lengths.... i was spinning..... then i gained a little and he started chirping the tires going into 3.... and that was the end of that...lol...he could definately drive...
but basically stock vs stock it's close..... comes down to driver, and traction.
i agree stock for stock it comes down to driver

05 flame red neon
MODS- ptp s3k turbo @ 27psi, ptp ported exh mani, agp wga, agp sri, jmb hardpipes, cti hotside pipe, hks ssqv bov, Ex Depot SB ic, prothane mm inserts, coolingmist w/i (trunk mount), FIC 625cc inj, agp returnline, needswings v5 dp, qtp e-cutout, maddog 50% sts, eibach sportlines, dcr oil modifier, safc2 and a few more things i can't remember
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode