Cobalts SS banner

yet another GTP killed

5K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  06Black 
#1 ·
well i'm starting this storry off just like the rest...

I KNOW THERE ARE TONS OF FAST GTP's and such out there...but not by me and not in this story so keep thouse stupid ass comments out of my story!

goin down dixe highway out tward pontiac/waterford a black tinted and droped GTP pulls up next to me....hes got it slamed to the ground BUT on stock tire/rim...i got a kick outta that!

so i hear an aftermarket exhasut and decied i've give him the chance to pull next to me...so i just slow down a bit and he sure as shit comes up next to me....and you can hear the engine spin up just before the trans downshifts and then off he kinda went...not all that fast for all the dam noise it was makeing!

so i pull even in 2nd at 40-45mph....thats the speed limit any way

he lowers his tinted to fuck window and i give the nood and then i hear the down shit so i floor it....before i had to shift at 7400 i was a solid 3-4cars on the guy....poor gtp never had a chance!

so when i shut down at the 2-3shift he gave the famious "RICER FLY BY"....that made me giggle!

at the next light he blew thro the red and i stoped...

THE END.

See less See more
#2 ·
good kill. one of my best friends has a pace car GTP (98 i think?) w/ cold air intake, different pulley and whatever plugs you have to switch to for that puley. he wants to run and i'm sure i'll lose. the weird thing is, i've driven that car alot and mine feels faster but the SS is very decieving, so chances are i'll get walked. it'll be worth a shot though.

how do we do against stock GTPs stock for stock? is it close?

#3 ·
stock for stock its not as close as you might think...the balt realy walks away once as speeds climb.

but a 3.4in pully or so realy wakes thouse things up....give it a go!

#13 ·
4th in line, boot the asshole

#14 ·
lol thats why i love forums...support!

#17 ·
I know there are some "riced" out gtps as well as cobalts out there, but stock to stock, a gtp would win, it runs consistantly 14.9's out of the box, I believe the s/c cobalts are around low 15's...this would be fairly significant in a 1/4 strip. With minor mods the either, it would make a good race. But I wouldn't under-estimate a blown v6's power....as I wouldn't an cobalt's potential......

#21 ·
Don't get me wrong. I have respect for GPGTP's, but stock for stock the Cobalt wins. I watched it all summer during the midnight drags out here. The only exception was when a guy who had just bough an SS/SC raced for the first time. He then lost because of the wheel hop, which GTP's don't have to worry about. Well, that and shifting.

#24 ·
totaly!!!

i've ran into a few fast ones in the past but none seem to be in my close area....

i know there have to be some mod'ed ones around me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.