SS/SC vs 350z track edition - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to 06supercharged
SS/SC vs 350z track edition

i was wondering how well i would stack up against a 06 350z track edition
my freind has one and is talking shit about my balt. his best time at the track was a 14.1 so i think he would take me. i do plan on haveing a cai b4 i race him do you think that will be enough to beat him
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 01:38 AM
Contributing User

Drivers race. Get a good launch. I got challenged by a 350Z several months back and beat him because of my launch.

07 Tahoe LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 02:47 AM
iso
Contributing User

from a roll they're very close. i raced one when i was on spring break in fl on i-4 (i think) he jumped since he did the beaping and took half a car before i got on the throttle and slowly realed him in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

custom valve tap

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iso View Post
from a roll they're very close. i raced one when i was on spring break in fl on i-4 (i think) he jumped since he did the beaping and took half a car before i got on the throttle and slowly realed him in.
no problem on getting him.. I raced one .
that was a nismo edition, or maybe it was fake badging. either way it was dead even until about 110 then he was gone.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

so you think with a cai i should get him pretty easy. he probly gonna wanna go from a dig i can tell hes afraid to lose to a 4 banger. if i get a good launch should 1 have him.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 02:35 PM

Either way he has no right to talk crap about your balt and heres why

1) You pulled a 14.1 on a stock ss/sc which according to all the timeslips i have seen is a GREAT run

2) His car retails for at least 10 grand more than your car BEFORE taxes.

It is you my friend, that should be talking smack. Not only can you sit 5 people and get better gas mileage, you are as fast if not faster than him. =)
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landonelf View Post
Either way he has no right to talk crap about your balt and heres why

1) You pulled a 14.1 on a stock ss/sc which according to all the timeslips i have seen is a GREAT run

2) His car retails for at least 10 grand more than your car BEFORE taxes.

It is you my friend, that should be talking smack. Not only can you sit 5 people and get better gas mileage, you are as fast if not faster than him. =)
He said the Z went 14.1
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

yea the z went 14.1 not me. iv yet to set up a race with him but when we do race ima get a vidio of it so you can all see me kick his ass lol.
hopefully it will happen within the next week or two
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06supercharged View Post
yea the z went 14.1 not me. iv yet to set up a race with him but when we do race ima get a vidio of it so you can all see me kick his ass lol.
hopefully it will happen within the next week or two
go best out of 3 in street racing there are alot of varibles so thats the best way to keep it fair.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 03:39 AM

Oki.. Im gonna put on my flame suit and stir the pot here.

I have driven both. I was a die hard Cavalier fanatic, and thus it rolled over into Cobalt SS scene. I test drove several Cobalt ss. Drove them hard, and was dead set on getting one and trading in my 03 cavi.
Saw a Z at hin and decided I would take one out and test drive it. I test drove several different option packages, and its no comparison ya'll. Z is more responsive throughout the entire powerband.
It made a convert out of me. Currently, I can walk out of a dealership with a baseline Z for 28k. (Which Im getting when I get home from Afghan) Thats certainly not 10k more than a Cobalt SS, although a touring would be right at that amount. Regardless though, there are no power differences between a Base and a Touring or even a Track edition. Only difference is whether or not the Z is MT or AT.

I have love for the Cobalt, and I respect anyone that is a true car enthusiast, but I think youre going to get smoked. Unless hes just a crappy driver and/or youre really exceptional.

To be fair, you definately got it right about the gas mileage and passenger ability, but I guess thats the price you pay to have a true sports car. **wink**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode