i cant luanch for s# - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to 06supercharged
i cant luanch for s#$t

lol ok my freind has a vw beatle like a 02 or somethin like that i dont really kno he like yo i wanna race you, so i said why not i might as well practice luanching. and well he pulled half a car on me from the launch granted he is a auto but still he shouldnt be able to do right. i chirped the tires going into 2nd once i hooked up i obviously took back the 1/2 car lead he had and put about 2 cars on him by the end of 2nd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 03:01 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06supercharged View Post
lol ok my freind has a vw beatle like a 02 or somethin like that i dont really kno he like yo i wanna race you, so i said why not i might as well practice luanching. and well he pulled half a car on me from the launch granted he is a auto but still he shouldnt be able to do right. i chirped the tires going into 2nd once i hooked up i obviously took back the 1/2 car lead he had and put about 2 cars on him by the end of 2nd
Ingall's torque damper will solve your problem. I don't have it yet, will be getting one very soon. Until then I just launch at idle and ease into my throttle. After you get going you will find it easy to floor it. As for the chirp in second: be a little easier and you won't chirp, though I will do it every now and then to let the other person know I mean business.

07 Tahoe LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domin8_gt View Post
Ingall's torque damper will solve your problem. I don't have it yet, will be getting one very soon. Until then I just launch at idle and ease into my throttle. After you get going you will find it easy to floor it. As for the chirp in second: be a little easier and you won't chirp, though I will do it every now and then to let the other person know I mean business.
To be honest, my ETD did more for my shifts than my Wheel hop/launch. I can still wheel hop if i want to (Which I don't). It just takes hours of practice trying different ways to let off the clutch and when to add more throttle.

I launch at 1250-1500 and slowly let off the clutch until I know it will hold the power in 1st. This takes time to figure out and is different on the street than on the track. I cut a consitant 2.2 60' now on my 16k stock tires and have cut a 2.1 before. Just practice!!!

A few nights ago, I got a 5.6 0-60 on my Interceptor on a back road by my house! I'm satisfied for now.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 04:08 PM

There was a thread a couple weeks ago that had a bit on launching that I dumped my $0.02 into (and a few other people's too) - go have a search for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviticus88 View Post
A few nights ago, I got a 5.6 0-60 on my Interceptor on a back road by my house! I'm satisfied for now.
Sounds like a decent gain, you into the 13's?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Contributing User

he is close. 14.1 at bandimere, 5400ft above sea level, so at sea level, he is absolutly in the 13's. plus, he practices with his interceptor, which helps a lot.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 11:38 PM

i just installed the ingalls torque dampener
its awesome.
launching, dropping into 3rd at 70mph, all hesitations disapeared
there is still minor wheelhop but it doesnt go out of control
sometimes i heard a bang when shifting into second, not anymore
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodis View Post
he is close. 14.1 at bandimere, 5400ft above sea level, so at sea level, he is absolutly in the 13's. plus, he practices with his interceptor, which helps a lot.
What he said! lol Altitude is a bitch.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 12:09 PM

man you have a front wheel drive car. you should rev it up to like 4500 and dump the clutch. you wont catch that good of traction but when you do it will take off nicely.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentry View Post
man you have a front wheel drive car. you should rev it up to like 4500 and dump the clutch. you wont catch that good of traction but when you do it will take off nicely.
Just ignore this

Leviticus, sounds like you're running great! Just keep the octane up and look out for knock if you come down to visit those of us not at those lofty heights!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentry View Post
haha, i tried that along with launching in 2nd and so one. Spinning is slower than actaully getting traction and going forward. Your idea is called a burn out. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode