SS/SC vs. srt4?? not likely - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

SS/SC vs. srt4?? not likely

I dunno where u ppl live but the guys with the srt4's around here dont seem to wanna race em... Ive came across 2 since i bought my 06 ss/sc 2 months ago.. came across them more than once and neither 1 of em will race me.. A white modded srt4( i know will beat me) but still.. he wont race all he would do was spin the tires in 2nd gear, with me right beside him tryin to get him to race.. A stock red srt4 was beside of me 1 night, no other cars in sight, and the driver was a little wanna be evidentally he cant handle his car, cuz he kept lookin over and when i finally looked over to see if he wanted to race he slowed down.. Now i dunno what the problem is but i cant get 1 to race.. I can get a friggin ford ranger to race quicker than an srt4.. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Contributing User

And the moral to this story is????
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to 06supercharged
Quote:
I can get a friggin ford ranger to race quicker than an srt4.. lol
watch out thoes ford rangers are tough haha i had one try to race me. we were at a light and the kid was lookin over at me, the light goes green and i wasnt expecting him to race me but he gunned it off the line i didnt get on the gas untill i hit 2nd gear. passed him up and put about 2 cars on him. i slowed down and he passed me up doin like 80 then he turns his flashers on. hes gonna go tell all his friends now that be beat a cobalt ss/sc lol

rally yellow cobalt ss/sc
mods: injen cai, poly tranny mounts, vibrant performance header/dp w/ highflow cat, corsa sport exhaust, custom tune

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06superchargedss View Post
I dunno where u ppl live but the guys with the srt4's around here dont seem to wanna race em... Ive came across 2 since i bought my 06 ss/sc 2 months ago.. came across them more than once and neither 1 of em will race me.. A white modded srt4( i know will beat me) but still.. he wont race all he would do was spin the tires in 2nd gear, with me right beside him tryin to get him to race.. A stock red srt4 was beside of me 1 night, no other cars in sight, and the driver was a little wanna be evidentally he cant handle his car, cuz he kept lookin over and when i finally looked over to see if he wanted to race he slowed down.. Now i dunno what the problem is but i cant get 1 to race.. I can get a friggin ford ranger to race quicker than an srt4.. lol
be careful for what you wish for
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
that's funny. i can't get a balt ss/sc to play w/ me

05 flame red neon
MODS- ptp s3k turbo @ 27psi, ptp ported exh mani, agp wga, agp sri, jmb hardpipes, cti hotside pipe, hks ssqv bov, Ex Depot SB ic, prothane mm inserts, coolingmist w/i (trunk mount), FIC 625cc inj, agp returnline, needswings v5 dp, qtp e-cutout, maddog 50% sts, eibach sportlines, dcr oil modifier, safc2 and a few more things i can't remember
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Contributing User

I've probably raced 6 different Cobalts at Atco & Cecil County this summer in my Stage 3 skittle. Each race had the same results.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast View Post
I've probably raced 6 different Cobalts at Atco & Cecil County this summer in my Stage 3 skittle. Each race had the same results.
how many bus lengths???
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast View Post
Thats not even fair. you should have to remove 2 tires. Your choice. lol
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 01:32 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Don't get too excited, unless your modded expect to lose to a srt4. I know there are a few people that have beat them, but I'm not one of them, and my only race against a stage 1 whihc only added 10hp.

07 Tahoe LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Contributing User

Dont get me wrong a cobalt can totally beat an Srt-4 I've seen that happen at the track also. I've seen a ss run a 13.4 at 106 that would smoke alot of modded srt-4's And these runs we're on bald ass tires. on slicks this kid is running high 12's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode