Newsflash:body don't do the job they're supposed to. - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Newsflash:body don't do the job they're supposed to.

Okay... here's the deal. I was cruisin down Hwy 59 in Houston at about 70 when a white Honda Civic flies past me at 80. He had a body kit, fart can, and the biggest wing I've ever seen. Normally, I leave cars like that alone, but I was just curious. I sped up to 85 so I could get a closer look at what he's done to it. I figgured, the cars pretty old, I know body kits aren't cheap, it looks like he's had it for a while... he might have something worth while in it. So I punch it a little from 80 in 3rd. He catches up so I punch it again. At this point I can't tell if he's racing me. So I'm doing about 100 and let off to about 75 and cruise. I see him running up on my ass so I drop it to 3rd again and I can't tell if he's racing me. So I let him pass and I get behind him. I ran up on his ass and noticed that yes, he is indeed accelerating. Then I go around him and put a good length on him to let him know he should slow down because I'm out of his league. I come to the conclusion that a body kit and wing only gives you about 10 hp when stickers are the real deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 04:37 AM
Contributing User

Everybody knows that stickers are better. They add 25hp to Honda's. That's 15 more than the body kits and spoilers combined.

07 Tahoe LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 03:09 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to 06supercharged
watch out if hes got nos stickers tho
that could easily be 30-35hp right there

rally yellow cobalt ss/sc
mods: injen cai, poly tranny mounts, vibrant performance header/dp w/ highflow cat, corsa sport exhaust, custom tune

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info... I should watch out for those.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 03:33 PM

Haha good story!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 12:34 PM

any other stickers to look out for
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 03:48 PM

I've come to find that cars with big spoilers, fart cans, and a horrific looking body kit are all sho and no go. Those cars that have a body kit that actually fit decent and are properly painted usually have something to them. Just my 2 cents
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domin8_gt View Post
Everybody knows that stickers are better. They add 25hp to Honda's. That's 15 more than the body kits and spoilers combined.
yup thats about right. try taking them body kits off and replace them with stickers and run the quarter and see the difference.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 11:54 PM

usually I have seen cars that have all the body kits (that look good) and have shit done usually don't tend to race. seems like they keep it to show off in shows.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

I remember when I had my Tracker and a guy in an ungodly Eclipse with a kit and decals that looked like a kindergarden coloring sheet pulled out a wod (omg, I don't know how to spell wod) of cash and was like... wanna run??? I heard the blow off valve a mile away. Otherwise I would've taken him up on his offer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode