SS/SC vs. SSR - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

SS/SC vs. SSR

This might be a hard one to figure out since you don't see many SSRs around. Thing is the old man just got an SSR and got me wondering how it would do against a balt. The SSR is being pushed by a 6.0L LS2 V8 w/ an auto tranny. What do you think the balt will need if anything to take the old man's new toy down? I'll try and take pops to the track to find out. of course I'll get some video.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 06:34 AM
iso
Contributing User

i beat a 5.3 ssr pretty badly from a roll, but i have no idea how the ls2 ssr's do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

custom valve tap
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to 06supercharged
i would think they would kill us pretty bad they would have to be comparable to ls1 camaros and trans am right.

rally yellow cobalt ss/sc
mods: injen cai, poly tranny mounts, vibrant performance header/dp w/ highflow cat, corsa sport exhaust, custom tune

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to Butch Sosa
Yeah my pops got an ssr but 6 speed with the 6.0. I wounderd how I would do. I dont know if he would race me. Ill try to get him to.

2009 Turbo Cobalt SS
traded in 2005 SS/SC

Dragracing is for fast cars, autocross is for fast drivers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This car looks fast even standing still!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 06:20 AM
The HepKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy View Post
This might be a hard one to figure out since you don't see many SSRs around. Thing is the old man just got an SSR and got me wondering how it would do against a balt. The SSR is being pushed by a 6.0L LS2 V8 w/ an auto tranny. What do you think the balt will need if anything to take the old man's new toy down? I'll try and take pops to the track to find out. of course I'll get some video.

the SSR is a heavy heavy machine, and slowed down by the torque management of the auto tranny... However in El Paso the LS2 should make strong power....

I think its a pretty even match-up....

The key to winning at the track will be to hole shot the SSR at the tree, run a solid 60ft and beat it in the 1/8, as the LS2 should come on strong on the top end of the track.

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post
the SSR is a heavy heavy machine, and slowed down by the torque management of the auto tranny... However in El Paso the LS2 should make strong power....

I think its a pretty even match-up....

The key to winning at the track will be to hole shot the SSR at the tree, run a solid 60ft and beat it in the 1/8, as the LS2 should come on strong on the top end of the track.
that seems backwards to me but Im sure you are right. but in logic you would think that the ssr would have the bottom end when just at the end we would pass it in the 1/4
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to ah665
i played around with a LS2 SSR on the highway in my ws6. he came flyin past me and i pulled into the right lane and tried chasin him down. i caught him pretty quick and then we just blasted around for alittle bit. the truck was pretty impressive. i reeled him in somewhat easily but i'm not stock. i dont think i wouldve had anything for him had i been in my SS/sc though.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 03:25 AM
Contributing User

There are 3 guys at my work that have ssr's. I know that 2 are ls2 and I don't know about the 3rd. I did get to ride in the with my boss driving. He got on it pretty hard initially. If his was an LS2 then listen to what LittleMT says. If it wasn't then that explains iso's statement. The thing was a pig. It took forever to act like it had power.

07 Tahoe LT

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 08:00 AM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to ah665
ya my friend works at a chevy dealer and test drove one. he said it wasnt too impresive also. i dunno. it seemed pretty fast when i was messin around with that one on the highway. i think itd give the SS some trouble
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

I should be getting some vid on sunday. I'll run a stock SS/SC and a stage2 + bolt-ons SS/SC. I'm pretty sure the Stage2 can cut high 12s w/ DRs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in