RX-8 vs Cobalt ss/sc - Page 2 - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 02:20 PM
Contributing User

Agreed, cobalt will win the straight line race every time. Rx-8 should do slightly better at a road coarse. Car & Driver just did a test of many cars at a road coarse in virginia and the cobalt did extremely well. Actually posted a better time than a Mustang GT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 02:21 PM

I raced one from a dig when I was stock and it was a close race till I hit middle of second and into third gear then I started to pull away decently quick. It really depends on the driver. Given they are more horsies stock to stock and they have a 9000 redline but that still doesn't make up for the fact they are heavier. Also we are boosted it helps out some.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 12:49 AM

Yeah but like Iso said the RX8's weren't designed for the straights. they are designed for the corners. Drag race u should win if u can drive ur car well. in the Twisties they would give us a good fight(Stock for Stock)

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 12:51 AM

Tuned the original LSJ(Ion Redline on the Nurburgring(sp)) That says a lot for our cars. and The Cobalt SS has been very successful in the Gran Dam cup series
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukem View Post
Tuned the original LSJ(Ion Redline on the Nurburgring(sp)) That says a lot for our cars. and The Cobalt SS has been very successful in the Gran Dam cup series
Actually didnt Gm take the SS to the tuner cahllenge with an upgraded blower, traction bars , and torsion bars and take top honors over supras and GTR's i think i saw it on sport compact car
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 07:14 AM

Quote:
I know this is one of those big "showroom points" for the redline and SS... but honestly, that's been going on for a long time. Almost every car that's built with any performance in mind is tested there
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 07:48 PM

Honda Si and Type R were tested on the Motegi ring. Honda never made it to Nurburgring. and the fact that the Time Attack Cobalt destroyed all these R34 GTR's Evo's SRT's STI's and more is something to be proud of
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprchged View Post
Actually didnt Gm take the SS to the tuner cahllenge with an upgraded blower, traction bars , and torsion bars and take top honors over supras and GTR's i think i saw it on sport compact car
The blower was stock aside from the pulley
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
The blower was stock aside from the pulley
ok i was wrong about that part im guessing you saw the same thing, you dont see srt's doing that shit. lol
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 04:01 AM
Contributing User

And how built is the SS? It must have at least forged pistons?

07 Tahoe LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode