SS Vs. 2003 Acura RSX Type S - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

SS Vs. 2003 Acura RSX Type S

K Get this.
I met this nice guy who hd a cool type s, i hate to admit it but the car looks way better than my ss. He had a injen cold air intake as his onlyy modifications. I asked him if he would race. So we did. at first iwas pulling away... but then i could hear his cold air intake over takeing me. Man those type-s have constant power in the upper rpms... we raced three more time and i only beeat him once due to a car pulling out into his lane. I hate to admit it but it is a better built car. the interior is way nicer and the over all styleing is more classy. The guy is installing a turbo kit... omg. why cant gm design a motor thar does'nt need a supercharger to gain power... the rsx type s generates 201hp stock. plus its a six speed. After i researched I feel i made a mistake buying my ss... To bad i could not afford an acura... I guess i'm driveing a poor mans sports car...

Whats mods can i add to beat those type s acuras?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 09:56 PM

any stage kits would be a good start
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 11:23 PM

He must have had more mods. He should not be able to take you w/ just a CAI. Also you shouldn't be able to hear it. My guess is a 50 shot.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 12:19 AM

Ya dude I've raced RSX-S and I have beat them before and the only thing I have it a CAI. Raced them for 2 gear going about 40-45 and push in the clutch so he cant hear you and then just let it rip man trust me you will win.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 09:44 AM

im sorry, but i like the rsx-s and have been a honda owner manny times, but the SS will beat the rsx-s on stock to stock basis. when i was at the track about 2-3 months ago, there were a couple cool guys there with that car, they were pushing for 14.9's & a best of 14.7 i think.. he had a cai, exh. & header.
dont get me wrong, once you turbo that thing it will move........ my guess, he had more than a cai.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

K I now know why he beat me.... The motor was a type -r imported from japan.

When I went down to speed Tech I seen the guys car...
The owner told me that he just installed a Type- R motor in the acura outside.
The car dyno'd at 220whp without the cold air intake. I asked him about hooking me up with some good mods... I asked about a turbo and he said if I did'nt upgrade the pistons and cams a turbo would eventually destroy the motor.
He suggested a cai,headers,exaust. Then when i have cash redo the suspension.

So I suggest not upgrading your ss unless you have the cash to replace the motor. Turbo's, stage two supercharger. I did'nt know the saturn redline has the same motor as the ss.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 10:12 AM

220 at the wheels. well he must have had some hondata ecu programming or some computer work, cuz those motor are 220 to the flywheel. awesome motors though, rev up like a mo fo. my little bro just put an f20b in his del sol. that thing moves really well. havent raced him since the motor mounts prolly have'nt settled yet. i drove it & it pulls as hard in 4th gear as it does in 1st. i cant wait to match up with him.
he also has other things he did to it while they did the motor swap.

by the way an ss s/c should hold to about 350 before any issues. also do you have the ss s/c or the 2.4?

Last edited by BLUE_SS_STAGE2; 11-29-2006 at 10:14 AM.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 01:21 PM

Well not trying to be a douchebag, but why purchase a supercharged car and immediately strip off the supercharger and turbocharge it? Might as well have gotten one of the 50 billion turbochargered cars out there.

If you have a SS/SC, just practive launching, i have ridden in the RSX-S and there not bad cars, but they lack torque and there seats look like crap after a few years.

I think you made a wise decision, theres nothing wrong with the rsx, but if you wanted the best bang for buck performance out of a brand new car, then you made the right decision.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 02:30 PM

couldnt have said it better my self.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 02:58 PM

horse power for show...torque for go! Horsepower is a selling feature.
Also G.M. approves the stage 2 upgrade as a GM performance part, which does not void your warranty. There is no rebuilding anything. Unless they wanted to loose hundreds of thousands on warranty claims. As far as best bang for the buck, the rsx didn't even make R&T top 12 under $30,000. I'll be the first one to say those guys are full of shit, but it's something to think about.
Go Leafs Go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode