Death to a supra!!! - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Question Death to a supra!!!

So i'm on my way home yesterday night from the movies and a orange supra 93-02 body style pulls up next to me in my bolt ss/sc. It looked real nice. He starts reving it up and jumping back in forth on me. Hes looking over at me smieling and keeps looking over at his nice looking girl in the passenger seat. He then rolls down his window and actually says to me "want to get your ass handed to you by a real car" and looks over laughing with his girl. We finally hit a light and we both take off. I figured I would get slaughtered but I start leaving him rather baddly and I finally let off at around 100 where I have pulled 2 or 3 cars on him. I wonder what excuses he told his girl? Later I find out through one of my friends the kids supra isnt turbo charged, the engine is bone stock and an automatic. All he did to it was paint it orange and put rims on it to look like the supra in fast and the furius 1 and I guess he thinks that makes him fast. How pathetic is that? Have you all ever had something like this happen before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 06:33 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to 06supercharged
i had a guy in a honda prelude (i kno its not a prestigious as a supra but it was still pretty nice) he passes me up on the highway and hes got a noisy exhaust i see a turbo intercooled sticker on his back bumper, im thinking if hes turboed im gonna be ****ed but i decided to go for it anyway i pull next to him and he revin at me a his girl is looking at me i drop to 3rd at about 75mph we both floor it and i put 2 1/2 cars by the end of 3rd i didnt see anything that would indicate him haveing a turbo (no FMIC) i slowed to let him catch uphe wanted to go again we slowed to 70 and i left it in 4th he pulled about 1/2 car off the start and holds it till about 90 as i get along side him i wink at his girl and pull 3 cars on him by 125. i slowed down again to tell him good race but all i get is a fly bye

rally yellow cobalt ss/sc
mods: injen cai, poly tranny mounts, vibrant performance header/dp w/ highflow cat, corsa sport exhaust, custom tune
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06supercharged View Post
i had a guy in a honda prelude (i kno its not a prestigious as a supra but it was still pretty nice) he passes me up on the highway and hes got a noisy exhaust i see a turbo intercooled sticker on his back bumper, im thinking if hes turboed im gonna be ****ed but i decided to go for it anyway i pull next to him and he revin at me a his girl is looking at me i drop to 3rd at about 75mph we both floor it and i put 2 1/2 cars by the end of 3rd i didnt see anything that would indicate him haveing a turbo (no FMIC) i slowed to let him catch uphe wanted to go again we slowed to 70 and i left it in 4th he pulled about 1/2 car off the start and holds it till about 90 as i get along side him i wink at his girl and pull 3 cars on him by 125. i slowed down again to tell him good race but all i get is a fly bye
just think if you had stage 2, he would see nothing but total taillights...

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 09:46 PM

so you dropped to 3rd at 75 and pulled 2 and a half cars buy the top of 3rd? the top of 3rd in my car is like 80. was he moving when you dropped a gear?!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremie View Post
so you dropped to 3rd at 75 and pulled 2 and a half cars buy the top of 3rd? the top of 3rd in my car is like 80. was he moving when you dropped a gear?!
***OWNED***
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 03:52 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremie View Post
Your gearing really sucks if you can only get to 80 before you have to shift to 4th. I can get to 90/95 before I have to shift. I haven't done anything special to my car either. Only have CAI plus appearance mods. Sorry, not trying to be a dick, just stating fact.

07 Tahoe LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Well either way its still great to hear about a guy thinking hes bad in a modded prelude and get spanked by a stock bolt ss/sc
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 02:45 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to 06supercharged
Quote:
when i said top i meant end of 3rd wich for my is about is like 95-100 and 4th gear takes me right up to about 125-130

rally yellow cobalt ss/sc
mods: injen cai, poly tranny mounts, vibrant performance header/dp w/ highflow cat, corsa sport exhaust, custom tune
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 05:20 PM

maybe im not driving mine hard enough then
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbenhosey View Post
So i'm on my way home yesterday night from the movies and a orange supra 93-02 body style pulls up next to me
i'm pretty sure they had the boxxy look to them until 93...in 94 they changed to the last gen style, which they kept, until the late 90's (98 maybe 99) when they then CEASED to exist

someone give me real factual information, i'm not gonna verify it with anything solid, eF research and google
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode