cobalt needs what to beat an evo mr??? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

cobalt needs what to beat an evo mr???

What do you guys think it would take to beat a stock Evo mr with a cobalt ss/sc from a dead stop? Would a stage 2 kit get you close?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to 06supercharged
i think stage 2 and a tourque damper would be all you need to beat one. it would all depend on how well you launch. if its from a roll all he will see are your taillights

rally yellow cobalt ss/sc
mods: injen cai, poly tranny mounts, vibrant performance header/dp w/ highflow cat, corsa sport exhaust, custom tune
post #3 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 01:53 PM
iso
Contributing User

i'm not even touching this thread or 06's response.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

custom valve tap

post #4 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
i'm not even touching this thread or 06's response.
i guess that means what i said is completly wrong sorry for the mis lead i guess im just an idiot please disregard my last statement. but didnt some one on this site edge out an evo from like a 5mph roll and only have an intake & exhaust.
anyway sorry for makeing a dumbass comment

mods: injen cai, poly tranny mounts, vibrant performance header/dp w/ highflow cat, corsa sport exhaust, custom tune
post #5 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 07:35 PM

You'll need more than stage 2 to take an MR from a dig.
post #6 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 07:38 PM

get about 300whp and race one
then u will know for sure
post #7 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 09:31 PM
iso
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06supercharged View Post
i guess that means what i said is completly wrong sorry for the mis lead i guess im just an idiot please disregard my last statement. but didnt some one on this site edge out an evo from like a 5mph roll and only have an intake & exhaust.
anyway sorry for makeing a dumbass comment
don't believe what everyone says on the internet especially when that has to do with "kills". also, a 5mph roll is a lot different than a straight up dig.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

custom valve tap
post #8 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Contributing User

Ok not bashing your car but it will take alot. When I ran stage 2 in my srt-4 the only way I could edge out an EVO or STI was to run on slicks. Their all wheel drive launch is very tough to beat. Get the GM stage 2, full exhaust, Intake, torque dampers. Find some 15 inch steel wheels and get a set of Micky Thompsons. This should be enough to outrun a stock EVO from a Dig but if it's got mods, well you can't win em all.
post #9 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast View Post
Ok not bashing your car but it will take alot. When I ran stage 2 in my srt-4 the only way I could edge out an EVO or STI was to run on slicks. Their all wheel drive launch is very tough to beat. Get the GM stage 2, full exhaust, Intake, torque dampers. Find some 15 inch steel wheels and get a set of Micky Thompsons. This should be enough to outrun a stock EVO from a Dig but if it's got mods, well you can't win em all.
Thats what I was thinking also, same as an STi, the awd launch is almost immediate. Compared to our fwd and weight transfer which = wheelhop and traction loss, we may walk it down, but take off would have to be immaculate.
post #10 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 12:19 AM
Contributing User

i raced an STI from a dig ( yes it was an STI) and he got a huge jump on me off the launch... but we knew that would happen but after i got into 2nd gear he was still pulling on me but it wasnt anything crazy. i lost by about 5 cars and more then half of that came right off the luanch i think if i had stg2 i could have ran him down. now i kno evos are faster then sti's but i would think stage 2 would at least keep him close if he got a good luanch

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode