Call CSI fot this GTI - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Call CSI fot this GTI

Ever have one of those weeks were everything goes just right? A buddy I work with just bought an new 06 Cobalt SS/SC. He was real excited and had to have me drive it. It was a nice car. Bright red, nice interior, loaded! Well we're cruizing an happen on a Volkwagen GTI. Young guy was driving, maybe late teens early 20's. Anyway he must have thought he had something special, because he's looking over at us and starts reving! My buddy asks me if I thought I could take him? I say it's your car what do you think? He says lets find out. I throw the GTI a few revs back and we line up for the 30 MPH roll. He guns it's before I can get the first honk in. So now I have to play catch up. By the time we hit 80 it looks like the farfignugen has run out of the GTI. We fly by him like he hit the breaks. We get a couple bus lenths on him and shut down. Well the kids not done yet he want's to go from a dig now! He doen't have a clue. We honk 3 times and I nail a perfect 2000 RPM launch! The GTI drivers nails a perfect 5000 RPM launch LOL. He spins so bad it wasn't even a race. I shut it down after I get 5 bus lenths on him. He pulls up and laughs & asks what we got in that thing. I point over to my budy and say I have 240 pounds of extra dead weight in it and thats it. We pull over and bullsh*t for 20 minutes about cars. He was shocked it was a brand new car with no mods. Needless to say my buddy is happy with his new car and we have a great story to tell at work!

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68

Last edited by bluebeast; 01-05-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 01:07 PM

Way to be!!!!

thouse pesky GTi's always think they are hot shit....I've yet to meet a cool owner.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 01:07 PM

Nice kill. Your buddy will have a blast with that thing.

Must have been like night and day compared to what you're driving though.

You Bastard! lol

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Actually I was impressed. This was the first time i've ever driven a Cobalt. Bone stock it was fast. It didn't just beat out the other car it destroyed it and it was still green.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast View Post
Actually I was impressed. This was the first time i've ever driven a Cobalt. Bone stock it was fast. It didn't just beat out the other car it destroyed it and it was still green.
Yeah that's impressive. A little driver mod stage 10 doesn't hurt either.

That's the other thing that's surprising. It was still brand new!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 06:52 PM

Pretty impressive that your first time launching the Balt was perfect. Good kill.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

The Cobalt launches like my srt-4 for the most part. The wheels and tires on the SS might be even more silly for drag racing than on an srt-4. Most people I think want to just drop the clutch and go but to get a competive advantage feed the car RPM's as you slip the clutch to the point of wheel spin but don't let the tires break loose. There's guys (and girls. had to throw that in since PSI chick has started visiting this forum )That can run with more powerful cars like mustangs because they've learned to launch their car.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast View Post

could you imagine a few mods on the balt
it could be really fast

i would like to drive an srt4 but i know noone that has one around here
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

My buddy has plans for every mod in the book and he's already talking about a 75 shot to try and keep up with me

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 12:14 AM

i hope he can do it w/o the shot
that would be pretty sweet
but i think it could be possible
i know ur car is fast bluebeast and if he could go w/o nitrous that would be an accomplishment. id use his setup and find that gt500 around here and say whats up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode