cobalt ss vs crossfire and GTI - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

cobalt ss vs crossfire and GTI

on my way home from work last night i had a GTI ride my ass hard for about a mile, so we eventually got a stop light and he was real curious about my ride, from what i could tell he had an exhaust, intake and a bov, when the light changed we both took off with excellent starts, no spin, he took a good car length on me, maybe more in first gear, however once i hit 2nd i pulled about 3 cars on him till we hit 80 and slowed down, nice kill, i though these things were supposed to be fast? the only mods i have that could have made a difference are a k&n cai, ingalls stiffy and a hurst shifter

today i was at a stop light, i had my friend in the car, there was a crossfire with the top down next to me, me and my boy were clowning about how fat him and his wife were, so i take off normal not expecting the old man to try me, as i hit second gear i give it a little gas to let him hear the charger and then i let off it, so now i'm back at the bottom of second and this guy mashes his gas hard, he pulls about half a car on me and i mash mine as well i catch up, by 3rd i got a half of car on him and then we both let off due to a red light, i know those things arent impressivly fast but there far from slow, i'm very curious as to who would have owned the top end of that race, cause my best to date is 150 in 4th gear, and after i hit 3rd it seemed like i was slowly but surely pulling little by little on him, all in all i give the old man props for trien me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Contributing User

Good kill on the GTI! Not cool f*ckin with old people.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 10:07 PM

good kill on the gti
i destroyed a gti not too long ago
i let him go and then passed him
i wish my car was faster so i could have left him standing but it was pretty cool
crossfire, u stated that they were heavyset,that could be why u won
i read a while ago in car and driver that the crossfire ran a 14.2 stock in the 1/4
and i believe it was car and driver said that the balt ran a 14.1 stock in the 1/4
so it should have been a closer race
and bluebeast is right dont f#$k w/ old people

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsstockrocket View Post
good kill on the gti
i destroyed a gti not too long ago
i let him go and then passed him
i wish my car was faster so i could have left him standing but it was pretty cool
crossfire, u stated that they were heavyset,that could be why u won
i read a while ago in car and driver that the crossfire ran a 14.2 stock in the 1/4
and i believe it was car and driver said that the balt ran a 14.1 stock in the 1/4
so it should have been a closer race
and bluebeast is right dont f#$k w/ old people
Maybe the old Geezer was going through a mid-life crisis! j/k
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 10:17 PM

ive seen a mid life crisis unfold, and i dont think a race will help
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 02:33 AM
Contributing User

What type of crossfire would make a difference too. Plus, how can you achieve 150 in 4th gear? I redline at about 120-125 and all I have is CAI. I hope you mean 5th, cause that is what it took for me to get 150 also.

07 Tahoe LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

was a regular crossfire automatic no srt6, and i exagerated a bit, ive hit about 147-148 in 4th gear with room still to go, ive never tried to top speed in 5th, i went to 5th and let off it then down shifted, but yeah its possible in 4th gear, you probably didnt maxamize 1st - 3rd thats why your 4th was short
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 06:15 PM

ive maxed out 4th after going through 1-3 gears and never got that high in speed
you have to mean 5th gear caus then 5th would go to like 170 or 180
and i know thats not possible
ive had mine to 150 before and i was maxed in 5th
and my 4 th goes to like 130 or so
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 07:38 PM

I had my Cobalt doing a 88 mph and then I hit the wire when the lightning struck and went back to the future!! 'Buff my shoes Biff....." I'm really happy to know that people love *exploit deleted* with old people as much as I do. Old people piss me off. Hold the door open for them and they dont say thanks, drive way to slow(most of them), and the thing that pisses me off the most is when they buy $40k+ 4wd vehicles and drive 20mph just because it snowed out the night before. Thats when I throw poo at them.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 11:36 PM

Maximizing 1st-3rd has nothing to do with what speed you will top out 4th with. It will only make a difference in the distance you do it in. You can do 2 back to back runs, one starting in 1st and one in 2nd, and both will top out 4th at the same speed. And doing 150 in 4th, WRONG! Try again. Be careful of the hole you dig.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode