my rematch with the thunderbird SC - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to 06supercharged
my rematch with the thunderbird SC

ok well back in augut when i had my ls sport balt this guy in a SC thunderbird wanted to race me. well obviously he won and big. well i ran into him again today and this time i wasnt planning on loseing. 1st run was from a 70 roll pulled out to a half car lead on him but could not walk away. secon race was from a 60 roll and this on came out a little close th nose of his cat was at my side door at 100. we slowed and caught a light i got a horrible launch and his was well perfect dam rear wheel drive. he pulled about 4 cars on me off the launch i started to reel him in a little but it wast enough i lost by 2 1/2 cars at 105 but i was pulling on him. SLOWLY. we pulled over on and started talkin for a bit. asked me what i had told him just an intake. i asked what he had... full exhaust and header, forged pistons, cams, a pully, and 4.10 gears
i have to say our car were pretty even it was a fun race and he was quicker then alot of the disgustangs around here altho most of them are the older body style 94-99

rally yellow cobalt ss/sc
mods: injen cai, poly tranny mounts, vibrant performance header/dp w/ highflow cat, corsa sport exhaust, custom tune

Last edited by 06supercharged; 01-06-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Contributing User

Good kill those Thunderbird SC's were nice cars back in the day.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 09:08 PM

didnt they make a thunderbird turbo coupe also

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 09:34 PM

yes they did
i believe it was in the mid to late 80's
2.3 t
got to drive one before i got the balt and i missed 3rd cause i was being pushed into the seat pretty good

i had also never driven a turbo'd car before
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06supercharged View Post
1st run was from a 70 roll pulled out to a half car lead on him but could not walk away. secon race was from a 60 roll and this on came out a little close th nose of his cat was at my side door at 100.
Umm, if you are racing from 70.... it is not a race. it is a rice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsstockrocket View Post
yes they did
i believe it was in the mid to late 80's
2.3 t
got to drive one before i got the balt and i missed 3rd cause i was being pushed into the seat pretty good

i had also never driven a turbo'd car before
I have an abused 87 turbo chicken that was a blast to drive, after putting 4:10's in the rear, relocating the intercooler off of the manifold to the front of the radiator, upgrading the injectors and turbo, it would actually break the tires loose in second gear once boosted up. Being young and abusive to it retired the poor thing to the barn... blown t5 and warped head...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 07:46 PM

balt performes a lot better than it though
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to 06supercharged
Quote:
Umm, if you are racing from 70.... it is not a race. it is a rice...
umm sorry i guess.
the 1st race wasnt really planed he just kinda rolled up on me we looked at each other and went. i would have liked to have gone from a 40 roll but conditions didnt permit

rally yellow cobalt ss/sc
mods: injen cai, poly tranny mounts, vibrant performance header/dp w/ highflow cat, corsa sport exhaust, custom tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode