Rematch with turbo Integra - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

Rematch with turbo Integra

A couple months ago (early october), I raced one of my friends in his 2000 integra (not a type r). I was stock and he had a turbo. Needless to say, I got raped. I felt bad because I talked him into racing and he burned out his clutch when we were racing. Not to mention it wasn't even close, I apologized for wasting his gas. lol. He beat me by like 5 cars. Well, I humbled down some and started modding my car. I got a gm stage 2 kit, K&N typhoon cai, and borla exhaust. So this guy has had bragging rights for months and just last week when I was leaving work (we both work at wal-mart), I noticed a note on my winshield. It read:
"When you get a fast car, let me know and we will race. Until then you are a gay poser"

I wrote him back and said, "Its on....like Donkey Kong!"

After all, he may have raped me, but I have a good 50 hp more now and I really thought I could at least get him from a 40 mph roll.So I called him up and went over to his house. Us and a couple of our friends head out to a wide unused backroad and we line up.

From a dig this is how it went. He was ahead by half a car at the top of first, I passed him in second and pulled all the way to 95 when I shut down 2 cars ahead of him. But he fucked up his second shift (He didn't miss the gear though). On the way back we went from a 50 mph roll. I pulled immediately and continued slightly pulling all the way up to 112 or so when I shifted to 4th gear. Finally we got the two extra people we had and we lined up one more time to head back to the house. I bogged out 2nd gear real bad (don't remember how I managed to do this) but still caught and passed him by 100. When we got back to his house, I presented him with the letter that he left on my winshield last week. I said, "keep this, when you get a fast car, let me know. And if you're car beats me, I'll hang on to the letter, until then, you own the rights to it" He laughed pretty hard, then neatly folded the letter and placed it in his glovebox.

I was happy to beat this guy, I was upset at my track time a couple months ago (14.6 @ 99.86 mph). This guy ran a 14.4. He just put bigger fuel injectors in so he might be at 14.2 or 14.3 now. Either way, great night, lots of fun! Sorry the post is so long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 10:03 AM
Contributing User

nice kill man, dont worry bout the time, thats about my best time with stg2 3.0 exhaust and injen intake. still havent clocked it with my new mods though

A little bit of Rage is all you need
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

06 Cobalt SS/SC
GM STG 2 w/ 2.79
Injen CAI
Hahn Header, Downpipe, & Exhaust
CA Heat Exchanger
Ingalls Torque Dampner
Hurst Short Shifter
DC Strut Bar
Eibach Lowering Kit
GM Dual Pass Intercooler w/ option B
60lb Flow Matched Injectors & Harness
Ported S/C
HPtuned By Psykostevo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 08:53 PM

Those integras can be a pain man, nice kill. I destroyed a slightly modded integra when I first got my cobalt. Needless to say, his girlfriend was having second thoughts =)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 10:16 PM

i raced a type rs tonight and raped him really bad like 7 car lengths
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode