Cobalt SS vs GTO - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Cobalt SS vs GTO

So this kid I know has been running his mouth about beating me ever since I picked up my 2005 GTO. He says he's got a ported s/c, 2.8'' pulley, something about bigger injectors, the usual bolt ons, and a tune? Idk, he like to run his mouth basically. He said he's got over 300whp (which I see as near impossible on that cute little supercharger). We took our cars to a clear highway last night and he insisted on going from a roll (racing should be from a stop but w/e) 40mph up to about 120 when I shut down I put 5-6+ carlengths on him (hard to count that many) and pulling awefully hard. My car is an M6 and is as stock as they come. He went home after our race, haven't heard from him since
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 04:01 PM

far from 300whp I can assure you of that haha

But you do have an LS2 not an LS1...big difference.

I would say 5 car lengths behind a LS2 is respectable...especially since you raced to 120...I am sure a good 2 of those lengths was made between 100 and 120? Am I wrong.

Also, there have been Stage 2.8's pulling 13.4 and 13.5's...which would put your stock GTO at 12.9 and 13 flat considering the lengths?

Good kill none the less. LS2 gto's are wicked quick.

Last edited by Dr.Doom; 01-26-2007 at 04:04 PM.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Who knows actual numbers without going to the track. This race was from a 40 roll and him getting the move, so comparing lengths and times is really tough to do. Personally I think it woulda been much worse from a dig.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Contributing User

Friend of mine at work has an 05 GTO. He won't race me but I did drive his car a couple of times.I wasn't impressed with it from a stop. It had as much wheel hop as my front driver did. but once it got rolling it was as fast to 120 as anything I've ever seen (Stock). I hope Gm does a little more with the next GTO. The exterior was a little bland for such an iconic auto. Interiors are extremely nice.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 07:41 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast View Post
Friend of mine at work has an 05 GTO. He won't race me but I did drive his car a couple of times.I wasn't impressed with it from a stop. It had as much wheel hop as my front driver did. but once it got rolling it was as fast to 120 as anything I've ever seen (Stock). I hope Gm does a little more with the next GTO. The exterior was a little bland for such an iconic auto. Interiors are extremely nice.
i thought they were discontinuing the gto?

05 flame red neon
MODS- ptp s3k turbo @ 27psi, ptp ported exh mani, agp wga, agp sri, jmb hardpipes, cti hotside pipe, hks ssqv bov, Ex Depot SB ic, prothane mm inserts, coolingmist w/i (trunk mount), FIC 625cc inj, agp returnline, needswings v5 dp, qtp e-cutout, maddog 50% sts, eibach sportlines, dcr oil modifier, safc2 and a few more things i can't remember
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 08:09 PM

It will be back in '09
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Contributing User

^
should be released around the same time as the new camaro.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 04:21 PM
The HepKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Doom View Post
far from 300whp I can assure you of that haha

But you do have an LS2 not an LS1...big difference.

I would say 5 car lengths behind a LS2 is respectable...especially since you raced to 120...I am sure a good 2 of those lengths was made between 100 and 120? Am I wrong.

Also, there have been Stage 2.8's pulling 13.4 and 13.5's...which would put your stock GTO at 12.9 and 13 flat considering the lengths?

Good kill none the less. LS2 gto's are wicked quick.

I don't find the LS2 GTO as 'wicked' quick... They are simply ok. The car lacks top end pull.

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Contributing User

Well........I guess it depends on what your comparing them to And comparing them to other completely stock cars out there , their not to shabby.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 11:16 PM

he might be comparing it to his beast of a srt4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode