Alright, This race was freaking awesome... - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Alright, This race was freaking awesome...

So tonight, again when I was on my way home from work, I was cruising again at around 60 mph on the highway. I gradually pass this mustang, prolly 06 or so, and then I guess he thought I was trying to race him when he pulled into my lane and tail gated me for a bit. first chance he got he floored and he caught up to me really easy. I didn't let him pass me, and I downshifted into 3rd and tore off. We hit around a 120, and the whole time he was behind me. Around a 1/3 of a mile into the race, we hit some fierce traffic, and we both slowed down. He cut into my lane, right in front of me. I kind of had to swerve to keep him from hitting me. We never got outta the traffic, and then not too long after, he got off the highway. It was really cool, weaving in and outta traffic going at high speeds. Pulling in and out of actual lanes, just to pass people to pull ahead in the race. I don't know if you all would consider this race a win or a loss...personally I believe it to be a win, only cuz this mustang was the fastest I've ever raced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 11:12 PM

i did the traffic thing in and out once before against a camaro and i won
good idea, just suggesting that u try to not do the type of racing,
i think drag, street racing is neat but best away from traffic

just a suggestion so dont take it personally please , or take offense

when i race if traffic slow down and hope for a light somewhere
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 11:13 PM

oh by the way good kill and shall we talk about doughnuts on this thread too lol jk

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

lol, well chocolate with sprinkles are my fave jon , and yea I agree, it's not the smartest thing to race the way I did, but I rarely do, and it's only in the event that I'm challenged by a really nice car. Plus, I never back down if I am challenged, no matter how much faster the other car is. At least I can say "I've raced that guy before...and my ass still hurts..."
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 11:11 PM

i can agree to that man lol imean the doughnuts jk
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 12:33 AM

Nicerun, just please, please be careful! I can't stress this enough. The last real race i had on the street, the guy I raced broke his legs...
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

Damn dude...today is like Horror Story Day. This guy on this forum posted his story about a huge crash he had that brought him inches away from death. You're all making me feel like I'm a selfish prick...sorry guys.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 08:01 PM

Yea street racing is not tolerated in my town and it may look cool in the movies but two guys in chicago got killed by doing just the same.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Yea...I hear about stuff like that on the news.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 09:01 PM

not a selfish prick just trying to have fun, but if u r going to street race do it carefully and i cant wait for spring cause no more streets, just track
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode