Not actually a race, sorry, but interesting. - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Not actually a race, sorry, but interesting.

So today I was cruising around with my buddy Ian hitting up random Car Dealerships looking at their sports cars. We looked at STI's, Acura's, Si's, Chargers, other Cobalts, etc. But on our way back from the Subaru dealership, we decided to hit up Blockbuster, rent a game or something. On our way out of the store, I caught out of the corner of my eye a sparkling White 2003 Lancer Evolution. I immediately knew it wasn't stock, judging from the 19" custom chrome plated Falken rims, and the carbon fiber hood. So my friend and I stopped and admired it, drooling over ever piece of it. Then I see some guy walking up to us, and he looked real pissed. It was the owner, the manager of an Albertsons across the parking lot. We all talked for a good hour or so about his car. It was sporting an exhaust that I can't recall the name of, with a gutted cat, AEM CAI, HKS BOV, and a bunch of other stuff. It looked freakin slick. He told us that he just had it dynoed, and it was running 352 awhp to the ground, and it was running 12.3's in the 1/4 mile. He turned it on for us and this was where I began to cry. It sounded beautiful. He then proceeded to offer to sell it to me for an all so low price of 22,000 bucks. He wanted to buy an Escalade. I wanted to buy it from him so bad, but then I realized that I love my cobalt so yea. Domestic cars all the way!!!!! Wooooooooooooooooooooot!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaLt 2da coBaLt View Post
So today I was cruising around with my buddy Ian hitting up random Car Dealerships looking at their sports cars. We looked at STI's, Acura's, Si's, Chargers, other Cobalts, etc. But on our way back from the Subaru dealership, we decided to hit up Blockbuster, rent a game or something. On our way out of the store, I caught out of the corner of my eye a sparkling White 2003 Lancer Evolution. I immediately knew it wasn't stock, judging from the 19" custom chrome plated Falken rims, and the carbon fiber hood. So my friend and I stopped and admired it, drooling over ever piece of it. Then I see some guy walking up to us, and he looked real pissed. It was the owner, the manager of an Albertsons across the parking lot. We all talked for a good hour or so about his car. It was sporting an exhaust that I can't recall the name of, with a gutted cat, AEM CAI, HKS BOV, and a bunch of other stuff. It looked freakin slick. He told us that he just had it dynoed, and it was running 352 awhp to the ground, and it was running 12.3's in the 1/4 mile. He turned it on for us and this was where I began to cry. It sounded beautiful. He then proceeded to offer to sell it to me for an all so low price of 22,000 bucks. He wanted to buy an Escalade. I wanted to buy it from him so bad, but then I realized that I love my cobalt so yea. Domestic cars all the way!!!!! Wooooooooooooooooooooot!!!!!!

WHAT! dude sell the balt get the EVO!!!!!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 09:12 PM

lol..... damn Evos... evidently, from Fast and Furious: TD, even rednecks can drift them!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 09:12 PM

Get the evo! the guy doesnt know what he has!!!! you could probably sell it for min of 28k!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

I got his name and his number. So I could probably do it if I wanted. But I dunno guys. I enjoy my Cobalt. Maybe tho...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Site Moderator

Send a message via AIM to joedashow Send a message via Yahoo to joedashow
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsRallyYellowSS View Post
lol..... damn Evos... evidently, from Fast and Furious: TD, even rednecks can drift them!
And apparently, it's also KEWL to put a Nissan motor in a Mustang!

[shudders thinking about above statement]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CHICAGO CUBS - NINETY-NINE YEARS OF TRADITION

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by joedashow; 01-29-2007 at 09:56 PM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

lol yea...no...not really
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 01:22 AM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to ItalianJoe1
Hey, I liked the sound of the skyline engine in the mustang. JDM muscle

We need more boost!

K&N CAI, GMPP exhaust w/XTC 3" d-pipe,
Ported stock exhaust manifold, B&M Shifter
Stage 2 w/2.8, DC Sport sturt brace,
Torque brace, CAB's, poly Trans mounts,
225/40/18 BFG KDW2 tires
GM drilled rotors w/Hawk Pads
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

It was an interesting concept, but for all domestic obsessors out there, it was a straight up insult to say the least. you know?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 01:49 AM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to ItalianJoe1
Of course, it disrespected the almighty mustang. So what? I still love the sound of an RB26. It's just beautiful music to me. I grew up on Nissan, and once you get used to hearing an inline 6 singing it is hard to deny how nice they sound. Blower whine comes close though.

We need more boost!

K&N CAI, GMPP exhaust w/XTC 3" d-pipe,
Ported stock exhaust manifold, B&M Shifter
Stage 2 w/2.8, DC Sport sturt brace,
Torque brace, CAB's, poly Trans mounts,
225/40/18 BFG KDW2 tires
GM drilled rotors w/Hawk Pads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode