ss/sc vs early 90s Z24 cavi - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to 06supercharged
ss/sc vs early 90s Z24 cavi

so im at the gas station tonight and this guy pulls up in i wanna say 93 caviler Z24 with 17" chrome rims he was the pump across from me and as were filling up he says nice car i said thanks those are some nice rims you got. then he says that things pretty quick right, wanna run from the light i said ok sure you got anything done to it he said no the the stock 3.1. he asked the same of me told him i have an intake. the light goes grean i get a decent launch spun at the top of 1st, i had him at my door by the end of 1st. when i shifted to second my clutch sliped a little and i put 2 1/2 cars on him at 60. added another car by 80mph when i shut down. my clutch is so bad. ( ill post my clutch story up tomorrow dumbass friends thought it would be fun to steal me car needless to say were not friends anymore)
anyway it was a decent race i was expecting a flyby but the guy was cool he pulled next to me and said that things fast and we went our seperate ways

rally yellow cobalt ss/sc
mods: injen cai, poly tranny mounts, vibrant performance header/dp w/ highflow cat, corsa sport exhaust, custom tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Contributing User

I always liked the look of the cavalier Z24 shame they never had any balls. Did see on at the track once with a turbo running around 14 flat.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 11:28 AM

My 1993 Z24 with 198,000 miles on the original engine and Transmission ran a best time of 15.87.

My only mods were no cat and a Dynomax muffler.

It also had the " well " geared 3 speed automatic

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 07:01 PM

i raced one w/ a 2.3 quad 4 in it w/ bigger cams and tied in first, and pulled 3 cars in second thats where i stopped cause there is no point in just destroying his car, especially when i work w/ him
and he cant wait til i get the stage2 kit
cause ill beat his Trans Am 1997 at a 40 punch
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast View Post
I always liked the look of the cavalier Z24 shame they never had any balls. Did see on at the track once with a turbo running around 14 flat.
But they did have balls for their day. They just weren't called Cavaliers, or even Chevy for that matter. Try the Pontiac Fiero GT. Cavalier frame, subframe, and engine.

07 Tahoe LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Contributing User

Dom you had to dig deep for that reference but yes I would think the 2.8L 140HP 6 cylinder would do alright in a light ass Fiero. There was always speculation that they'd be worth something because of their limited run. And they were pretty exotic with their mid engine layout but pontiac couldn't let it perform anywhere near their flagship car Trans Am. So I wouldn't expect mircles from a fiero either. No offense I know your a big fan of them And with the right amount of money I'm sure they could be crazy fast. I remember reading in motor trend about a tuner company dropping in Northstar V8's in the fiero body.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3

[email protected]3!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68

Last edited by bluebeast; 02-15-2007 at 12:12 AM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 12:53 AM
Contributing User

And as a owner of an 88 GT I appreciate that. I too am banking on value to accumulate, but at the same time I'm also doing a Northstar conversion too. I am hoping to put in the LC3. I found the place to get the kit. It's going to take a lot of work. GM's problem was lack of performance, it was a destroyed reputation. The first year 4 bangers ruined for the rest of them. My fiero club has pics of future Fieros that were being planned such as a 1990 GTA and 1990 turbo convertible. Go to www.utahfieros.com and look through the pics. On the home screen is my fiero. I've even seen a photo of a prototype electric power steering unit that never made it into the car because of the spontaeous end of production.

07 Tahoe LT

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now

Last edited by domin8_gt; 02-15-2007 at 12:57 AM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 01:06 AM
Contributing User

If your talking about the white car in the link, it's a good looking car. I remember in the late 80's that they talked about puting the quad 4 in a feiro and there was even talk of a V8. I remember seeing a concept feiro that looked alot like the forth gen firebird.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 12:49 AM
Contributing User

That's the one. Thanks. That is the one that is now undergoing the coversion for an LC3.

They did do quad 4's, they are rare. Also, some Formula Fieros had 5.0's from the factory. There were a lot of Fiero concepts. Our club has a lot of pics of concepts. If you go through the photo album you may even find the 4 seater concept.

07 Tahoe LT

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in