Retard dads showing off for their sons! - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Retard dads showing off for their sons!

My son who is 14 came home from school yesterday and told me he had a friend that said his dad's car could outrun anything on the street. He then preceeded to ask me how I stack up against Corvettes. I told him I've done pretty good at the track against them, win some, lose some! He said well I told my buddy that your car could kick his dad's ass. He says you have to pick me up from practice tomorrow instead of mom so you can race him. I laughed and said ok. I pick him up and he's hanging around a bright red C5 convertable. Beautiful car! I get out and walk up to the car and I knew the guy that was driving it. (Small town, we had coached the same midget football team a few years back.) We shook hands and started bullsh*tting about cars. I found out he was bone stock and auto. He asked about my car and I said it was stock also. He asked if I felt like running them. I said that's what I'm here for. About a mile from the school is a straight country road ,no houses on it just corn feilds on both sides of the road for at least a mile. Never has any traffic. So we make the boys get out of the cars and we go from a dig. He outlaunchs me slightly. but by 50 I'm past him and I'm gone. Put a few cars on him and let off! Second race he out launches me again and I miss second & he holds me off to about 100 when he gets off of it. Damn one apeice now! Third race is the rubber match, we launch and he gets a half car on me. I make damn sure I don't miss second again and I start pulling him around 50mph. This race I go up to about 130 and have a good 4 lenths on him. We pull over and shake hands and he laughs about me being stock. My son was almost as excited as I was on the way home. We were talking smack to each other on the ride home and I'm bragging about how bad ass my car is and the boy says....When I get my Mustang i'll smoke you both! He's a weird kid! But thats what I get for telling him I'm going to get him a 5 liter.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68

Last edited by bluebeast; 02-07-2007 at 10:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 11:04 PM

LOL gotta love that least I know there are more behind to keep this goin.... as for the mustang sounds like a good project to me
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

I agree. Give the skittle a rest and start building a blown 5.0

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Contributing User

Thats really cool, lol. I just know when my kid gets into school he's going to be the same way. He's only 3 and he can pick out a mustang from anywhere, they're his favorite car, next to vettes and 'maros'

~~Kerri~~
07 ss/sc (stage 2 w/ 2.9, cai, 2.5" resonated cat-back)
94 Talon TSi AWD (too much)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 01:58 PM

Get him on the right track blue, build a fox bodied mustang with a 383 stroker. Yeah, I said a CHEVY motor in a ford. It may be degrading for a chevy guy, but the mustang is slightly lighter and it would haul ass! Built Ford tough with Chevy stuff!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Kids are great. My son was changing oil with me when he was 8. We play need for speed together. So he was programmed from an early age.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 02:05 PM

I hope that when I have a kid that he can turn wrenches with me as early as possible. None of this sissy shit where he has to wash his hands every time he touches a dirty part.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

You have more to do with that than anything. I got my son playing football when he was 7 and he's been a starting every sinse. And I do alot of stuff with the boy so he likes the same things I do.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast View Post
Kids are great. My son was changing oil with me when he was 8. We play need for speed together. So he was programmed from an early age.
Thats what my dad did to me!lol He got me into it when i was about 6 and i had older brothers that helped. And ive been hooked ever since. Like right now we are building a prostreet 1965 mercury comet cyclone. I know how to weld and everything. Its a lot of fun. He's into muscle car's and im into cobalt's so we have i lot of fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode