had to do it - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

had to do it

i was driving home one day, been about a week now, in my TBSS. been at work 12 hours, so i was actually getting kind of cranky. but i'm driving along on the interstate with the cruise set on about 70. i notice this bright yellow car (enter cobalt SS) in the merge lane, but he's going slower than i am, so i didnt pay him much attention. i went ahead and merged into the fast lane so everyone in the merge lane could go ahead and get out. just obeying the rules of the road . i'm still putting some lengths on the recently merged cars and i noticed the little yellow SS pull out into the fast lane too. then i saw his "GM Certified" sticker on the windshield.....he was out on a test drive.

i thought, well i'm not going to provoke anything, i'll be good. no sooner than i got that complete thought out of my head i looked again and saw him in the slow lane gaining on me pretty quick. i thought "umm, no" so i punched it about the time he got to my back bumper. it took a fraction of a second for the tranny to wake up from our slow ride home and realize she was being challenged. it downshifted and jumped a car on him almost instantly....and kept pulling. i jumped up to around 115 and had quite a few cars on him. i started slowing down and was going to give him a thumbs up, but he got scared and turned (or maybe he really had to turn, but i'm going with scared )

just hope i didnt turn down a prospective buyer, but i'm guessing not. since he picked the fight i'm assuming he knew what he was doing and wanted to see how it did. little car didnt run bad for, i'm assuming, stock. anyways, i was glad i got to play and brought a smile to my face. but it quickly faded when i remembered i had to be BACK at work in less than 12 hrs lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 04:47 PM
The HepKitty

You bully!

the TBSS are very nice!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

eh...it's nice and gets me to work and back. i wanted a C6, payment wasn't a problem, but insurance girl laughed at me....so i just took that as a hint of i didnt wanna know the price

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 04:50 AM
Contributing User

Oh boy He can afford a Corvette payment but can't afford the insurance.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast View Post
Oh boy He can afford a Corvette payment but can't afford the insurance.
since when did you become my financial advisor with the ability to tell me what i CAN and CAN'T afford? i believe i know my financial situation and my salary a little bit better than you. so yes, i CAN afford a corvette payment, but i CAN'T afford a corvette payment AND corvette insurance on a 24 year old male with speeding tickets. unless i want to work ALOT more or get a cheaper house. so until you start controlling my assets and funds you can gladly drop the smartass attitude
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Contributing User

Deal. I'll drop the smart ass attitude as soon as you quit typing stupid things.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 08:57 AM

Interesting kill. I'll run your TB SS. Been there, done that.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Contributing User

Sounds like somebody just got called out.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast View Post
Sounds like somebody just got called out.
wow dr. obvious, you're right, i just got called out. a modified SS offered to run me after i claimed to have just beat a stock SS.

but yeah, i'd run ya. you beat me...so what? i beat you...so what? no harm no foul.....but just be warned: i've been known to beat cobalts by 10+ cars

i wasn't claiming i had the fastest ride on the road like some people like to claim and i dont think my ride is untouchable just because it has SRT stamped on it *cough cough bluebeast
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Contributing User

Please see post #6 in this tread. And...... it's just sad to come to a forum of a make of car other than your own and post a kill story. People do this because they are trying to be disrespectful. Weather my car is untouchable is debateable but I don't troll other forums trying to provoke members of other forums with stories of how I PUT THEIR CAR IN IT'S PLACE!. You can check the archieve. I've never posted a Cobalt kill story on this forum for a reason. Doing so would be in bad taste and disrespectful the members of this forum. So in closing SO WHAT, you beat a stock Cobalt. why did you feel the need to share this here?????Did they kick you off the trailblazer forum for starting stupid threads?????

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68

Last edited by bluebeast; 02-17-2007 at 07:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode