Let me holla at the wee cobalt kids - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Let me holla at the wee cobalt kids

Look here, let me holla at yall for a second. I got a 92 civic with cai, header, catback exhaust, short throw, and I'm running a 50 shot. I think Im putting down around 300 or 325 to the wheels. This dumbass kid with a cobalt ss thinks he can take me lol. He is so confident he wants to put 150 bills on the race. This kid is trippin, a real ass clown as are most slowbalt owners. My question is how bad will I walk this kid, because i was thinking I should up the money on the race, i want to get some 12" subs for my whip. He wants a role race, lol and Im thinkin thats even better for me cause my performance wing helps me alot at the higher speeds. give me the honest opinion, i dont want the slowbalt preaching bullshit please. I'm thinking I should put about 8 or 9 cars on him, but Im not really sure. Another dumbass thinking america can actualy build cars has a mustang gt, I'm not sure what year, but they are all the same I think, putting down about 180 or so since like 94 I believe, I cant wait to rape this kid to, any of you guys ever had run ins with mustangs, how bad did you hurt em. Any, dont take this shit the wrong way, I like the look of cobalts, I think the wing should be a little bigger to make it look a little faster but oh well. Remeber dont hare, honda started the whole street racing scene, so remember the roots. Honda fo life bitches....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hondacivic View Post
Look here, let me holla at yall for a second. I got a 92 civic with cai, header, catback exhaust, short throw, and I'm running a 50 shot. I think Im putting down around 300 or 325 to the wheels. This dumbass kid with a cobalt ss thinks he can take me lol. He is so confident he wants to put 150 bills on the race. This kid is trippin, a real ass clown as are most slowbalt owners. My question is how bad will I walk this kid, because i was thinking I should up the money on the race, i want to get some 12" subs for my whip. He wants a role race, lol and Im thinkin thats even better for me cause my performance wing helps me alot at the higher speeds. give me the honest opinion, i dont want the slowbalt preaching bullshit please. I'm thinking I should put about 8 or 9 cars on him, but Im not really sure. Another dumbass thinking america can actualy build cars has a mustang gt, I'm not sure what year, but they are all the same I think, putting down about 180 or so since like 94 I believe, I cant wait to rape this kid to, any of you guys ever had run ins with mustangs, how bad did you hurt em. Any, dont take this shit the wrong way, I like the look of cobalts, I think the wing should be a little bigger to make it look a little faster but oh well. Remeber dont hare, honda started the whole street racing scene, so remember the roots. Honda fo life bitches....
First off, try again. America started the whole street racing thing before Honda was in America. Do you remeber the Muscle Car? First one was the 1963 Pontiac Tempest GTO. Then came cars such as the Mustang, Trans AM, Nova, Chevelle, Camaro, Thunderbird, Barracuda, Charger, and Challenger (Did I forget any?).

Now, down to business. In your race will you be spraying? What are the mods on the Cobalt? If you spray and he is completely stock I would anticipate that the Cobalt would get an early lead but your Nitrous should make up the difference once you get to the right rpm's for spraying and then some. You would win. If he is modded, depending on the mods, you could likely lose. Remember, out of the box he comes with ~2x's the bhp you do (less if you have vvt, which i'm not sure about, regardless you still have less). Also, the Cobalt will have much more tq than you. Even compared to the new Si the SS/SC has about 50-60 more lbs. Also, SS/SC comes stock with a short throw shifter. And be careful if this kid is running Nitrous. According to GM the Ecotec can safely handle a 75 shot. That would probably be why our GM stage 3 pcm is preprogrammed to handle a 50 shot.

Have you actually dyno'd your car to find out the actual bhp or whp you are making? I'm going to assume not since you said you are making around 300-325. Either you are making it or not. What is your actual numbers? What are you trapping in the 1/4? Give us some hardcore info so that we can tell you how it is.

And don't come in here disrespecting us with jargon such as "Slowbalt." After I don't come to your forum and start insulting Hon-duhh's.

07 Tahoe LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Well, I havent had my ride on the dyno yet, so those numbers where my best guess. I havent taken her to the track either, so i cant give you times. I'm none vtec, but i forgot to mention I have a hondata chip also, and my bad on the slowbalt crack, it just seems most cobalt owners are pricks, almost as bad as the srt4 kids.

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Contributing User

To be honest with you, a lot of people feel the same way about honda owners. Every group has people like that, regardless of car. We even get it from some of the SRT guys and we're domestic cousins.

07 Tahoe LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Contributing User

LOLOLOLOL Awesome joke post.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hondacivic View Post
Don't sweat it......you don't even have to race.

You've already lost.....you did so on the day you gave up your male genatalia and bought a honda.
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 07:43 PM

are you serious?

you wanna roll race cuz you got a triple decker wing or something?

note to self.....honda plus 50 shot = 325 to the wheels.....i'll have to remember that one.....

"yeah i put a 50 shot on my bone stock srt....should be putting down 350-400 to the wheels now...."

your running maybe low 14's now.....maybe you'll beat the cobalt, maybe you won't...i don't know much about hondas....

anyway, don't be so cocky, you never know what can happen
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 08:08 PM

You guys are getting all worked up.. Thats what this guy wants you to do. Its all fake read the post its some random person being stupid.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 08:14 PM

^^must be......

yeah i guess i just played into his plan......i swear i'll never post in this thread AGAIN!!
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 12:59 AM

I think the balt will take you. That is unless you have fog lamps, then you'll win for sure. If you have CF dash trim you will beat stock SRT-4s, but stock GTOs will still pull 10+ cars on you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode