06 S/C & SVT Lightning - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

06 S/C & SVT Lightning

Me and a friend of mine were driving back to my house this past weekend and we decided to get a couple runs in. He has an 04 IION red line supposedly STG5 with the 62lb injectors and a K&N intake. I have a stage 2 SS cobalt. Needless to say he needs more practice behind the wheel. I beat him from a dig and somehow on a 30 role (dun know why). Well apparently our run got the attention of a Lightning. He paced me a for a while, then he nodded and hit it. I heard it drop to second, we were at about 45ish. I dropped to 2nd and put about a car on him to about 100. He stopped at the store i stopped at and asked what all each of our cars had done, we exchanged info and smiles and thumbs (ups) and went on with our day. He told me he had a smaller pulley and tensioner.

Should this be an even match? or should he or i have walked away? I wanted to go from a dig but he wasnt comforatable with any more racing.

Im sorry if my spelling pisses you off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 07:49 PM

good kill.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprchged View Post
good kill.
^^^^I second that and really don't know much about lightnings when it comes to performance upgrades and there times other than that there badass trucks.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 09:42 PM

Whenever I think of SVT lightning's, I think of this guy at my college that drives around trying to race hondas and corollas .. They are pretty fast though, I've actually only seen videos of cobalts losing to them-- so great race! chevy> ford I thinks
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 10:08 AM

i'm gonna say lucky win, and it was probably stock. but you did beat him, so good job. they respond well to mods, just like any other FI vehicle and i'm thinking they run mid/low 13s stock pretty consistant....but i could be wrong
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetbss View Post
i'm gonna say lucky win, and it was probably stock. but you did beat him, so good job. they respond well to mods, just like any other FI vehicle and i'm thinking they run mid/low 13s stock pretty consistant....but i could be wrong
I talked to a buddy at work today, and found out they run 13:9-14:3 stock. He said they launch awsome. So i think from a dig i would have lost, but on the roll i think it should be pretty even. My buddy ran a 13:6 stock with DR's in his lightning.

I would like a second run if i get a chance.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 12:59 PM

When I had my 2003 GT I test drove a new 2004 Lightining.

I must say I was impressed with such a big truck hauling ass. From stoplight to stoplight it was very quick. But out on the highway a WOT run from anything over 60mph and it was obvious that it was a big truck.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Contributing User

A lightning kill should go in your scrap book of great kills With just a pully swap their in the low 13 range. That's a kill to be proud of, nice job!

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

just and update on times i ran at the track to verify speed. I ran 14.022 @ 101.96, with a 2.368 60ft. I need to get the launch down better needless to say. The car is a 13 second car if i hadn't bogged.

So this kill on a high 13 second truck is very do-able.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Contributing User

And what are your mods?

07 Tahoe LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode