Why? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Why?

I just used that title to get some attention!!

i read this kill section plenty...why is it that 95% of you fellas "race from a roll?"

anyone ever do anything from a dig?
ya know...a real drag race?

i was just wondering if its the new hip thing to drive around till 5 in the morning looking for 40 roll competition

do tell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 07:07 PM

I usually race from a roll, mainly because, stopping on interstate 40 to drag race always puts huge assed dents in the back end of my car.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
I usually race from a roll, mainly because, stopping on interstate 40 to drag race always puts huge assed dents in the back end of my car.
Find somebody that you are interested in racing ask them if they want to go somewhere to line up. If they say no then keep driving. This roll crap is an epidemic of stupidity.

THE LIST too hot to handle on Cobaltss.com

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Contributing User

I do 99% of my racing at a drag strip. When the NHRA puts the 40MPH roll division into play maybe i'll be interested then. On the other hand if you want to baby your car a Roll is the best thing on earth! Hell it's just speeding anyway.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

ionno....not like i don't Ef around on the backroads and highways myself every once in a while.....but i would just expect to see more...proper races
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 09:13 PM

In REAL life, you just don't meet people on the street that want to race from a dig. Most all of the races I have been in is when you are driving along on an interstate somewhere and someone pulls up on you and wants to mess around.

It's just opportunity....more races happen upon you when you are,,,well,,,,rolling. Sure, occasionally, you will happen to be at a stoplight and someone will want to race, but most often, it's when you are moving.

Nothing wrong with a roll race, just as there is nothing wrong with a dig race. Personally, I love racing from a roll, because the thought of dropping my clutch on a 4,000 rpm launch hurts my wallet just thinking about it, along with my not wanting to abuse my car like that.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
In REAL life, you just don't meet people on the street that want to race from a dig. Most all of the races I have been in is when you are driving along on an interstate somewhere and someone pulls up on you and wants to mess around.

It's just opportunity....more races happen upon you when you are,,,well,,,,rolling. Sure, occasionally, you will happen to be at a stoplight and someone will want to race, but most often, it's when you are moving.

Nothing wrong with a roll race, just as there is nothing wrong with a dig race. Personally, I love racing from a roll, because the thought of dropping my clutch on a 4,000 rpm launch hurts my wallet just thinking about it, along with my not wanting to abuse my car like that.

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 09:42 PM

opportunity. If there were stop lights on the interstate you would see more dig races. This roll racing isnt real racing crap is just that, crap. A race is a race. Most people with this argument tend to be people who have the upper hand from a dig and hate getting raped from a roll. If I roll race, and get you and you then ask for a dig, I'll give it to you. I did a sti in last w/e at the track by 3 or 4 lengths. Don't know the exact number since I couldn't see, I wasn't back there.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

so...basically the only time yall race is when your on your way to work and someone revs up while their next to you?

no one goes out looking for races..no one goes to a track and runs there?

..i call that "fucking around" not "drag racing"
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touch View Post
so...basically the only time yall race is when your on your way to work and someone revs up while their next to you?

no one goes out looking for races..no one goes to a track and runs there?

..i call that "fucking around" not "drag racing"

I call it being an idiot that causes accidents.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode