05 Rsx-s Vs 01 Tag Gsr Vs 06 Ss/sc - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

05 Rsx-s Vs 01 Tag Gsr Vs 06 Ss/sc

So , i recently bought my 06 SS/SC G85. Ive just been getting to get a feel for how it works and how it shifts and at what rpm's. So last night my freinds and i where all just hangin at our freinds new house when we decided to go for a short cruise to the next city over. We headed for the High Way and two of my freinds pulled up beside me on the HWY. He has an 05 RSX Type S and the other freind a 01 Integra GSR. They both have intakes and exhaust's. My buddy in the type S rolled down his window and asked me to slow down to nearly 40 kmph. Thats about a third of the way into second gear. He hoonked the horn three times and floored his car ! I gave mine evrything it had, also the GSR behind the type S floored it also. The type S was by himself with no passangers and so was the GSR. I had myself and one of our other buddies in my passanger side. Long Story short, by the time i was shifting into third gear i had pulled on the type S by about half a car or MAYBE just a bit more. Through third gear i maybe put another full car on him and then he shifted into forth gear and i was still in third and i really started to pull on him ! Basically i bet them both out by nearly 3 1/2 - 4 car lengths by the time i slowed down bout half way threw forth gear. I was tottally happy with the end result!!! :-) I knew id take them both but i figured the Type S would have really stayed side by side with me, especially with my extra passanger. Guess not !! I'm happy. Just thought id share my only race( KILL Story ) that ive had so far. Thanks

2006 Electric Blue Cobalt SS/ Super Charged - G85

GMPP Stage 2
Ingalls Torque Dampiner
Air Box Mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 02:27 PM
The HepKitty

You will have much fun in this car...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post
What the? You have a GTO now? Update me quick, did you trade something in or how many cars are you working with now?

I could go search your threads but I'm lazy and you post a lot

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post

Yeah, i like the car alot so far. I've only had it for a couple of mounths but it's alot nicer to drive then my 03 Tiburon was !

GMPP Stage 2
Ingalls Torque Dampiner
Air Box Mod
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06-SS/SC View Post
Yeah, i like the car alot so far. I've only had it for a couple of mounths but it's alot nicer to drive then my 03 Tiburon was !
Congrats on the new car and good kills. But watch the rotors they are hunks of shit and you either have to ge them turned (under warranty)every 5500-6000miles or buy aftermarket ones.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprchged View Post
Congrats on the new car and good kills. But watch the rotors they are hunks of shit and you either have to ge them turned (under warranty)every 5500-6000miles or buy aftermarket ones.
Funny you mention that ! My brakes feel really strong, but they have a small amount of pedal pusleation. Its pretty faint. But none the less it is there. And my car has very few miles on it !

GMPP Stage 2
Ingalls Torque Dampiner
Air Box Mod
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06-SS/SC View Post
Funny you mention that ! My brakes feel really strong, but they have a small amount of pedal pusleation. Its pretty faint. But none the less it is there. And my car has very few miles on it !

Dotn get me wrong they stay strong as long as you can handle the vibration my car has 6000miles on it and im getting them turned monday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode