F-250 vs. 3 Cobalt SS's - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 398 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

F-250 vs. 3 Cobalt SS's

Hey, Iím kind of new to this whole Cobalt SS thing. I actually saw my first Cobalt SSís ever this past weekend. It seems as though they are getting pretty popular in North Mississippi being this was the first day I have even seen one at all and I raced three of them that day.

The first one I raced had a stage 2 supercharger, upgraded injectors, and a 75hp shot of NOS. We raced on the interstate and I beat him pretty bad. The car was fast on top end, but didnít get close to me in the ľ mile.

The second one I raced was a stock Cobalt SS and we raced from around 50MPH up, and I was walking him pretty easy at ĺ throttle. Stopped and asked him if he wanted to race the ľ from a dig and refused. He pointed me in the direction of the third one I raced that had the stage 3 supercharger.

The third one I raced had a stage 3 supercharger and I beat him even worse than the first one in the ľ.

Just wondering what these cars should be running in the ľ since I know nothing about them. The drivers claimed they were beating Mustang GTís, G35ís, WRX-STIís, 350Zís, and all kind of other cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 398 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 02:38 PM

what mods are ya runnin'?
post #3 of 398 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Tuner, exhaust, intake, fuel upgrades, NOS, etc...

Never flipped the arming switch for the NOS on any of the runs. Ran all 3 of them straight motor.

post #4 of 398 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

The first one and the last one were the two that I ran from the dig. I’d say both of them lost by at least 5+ car lengths. The second one I ran from rolling and never hit the throttle all the way down…wasn’t really racing him, just messing with him.
post #5 of 398 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_F250 View Post
Tuner, exhaust, intake, fuel upgrades, NOS, etc...

Never flipped the arming switch for the NOS on any of the runs. Ran all 3 of them straight motor.
Nice, I guess over 400hp, 1/4 in the 12's? You've got on sweet ride.
post #6 of 398 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Honestly I thought with all the modifications on those cars they would have been a pretty good run. After all my truck has a 4” lift and 35” all-terrains on it. Not to mention it weighs in at almost 8k lbs.
post #7 of 398 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Honestly I thought with all the modifications on those cars they would have been a pretty good run. After all my truck has a 4Ē lift and 35Ē all-terrains on it. Not to mention it weighs in at almost 8k lbs.
Well this is the fastest I've read about

https://www.cobaltss.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7413

Maybe you should try those guys out see if you fair equally. Of course one is an SRT. Then again you can always compare slips...

Sorry you didn't get the run you were expecting it looks like most street racing seems to be about the driver and not the car. My only street race was a 300zx na and I was pulling before he missed his shift. He has yet to bring his dodge truck for him to try again.
post #8 of 398 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Probably be a descent run on the track I guess...still murder on the street though. Street racing is the real strong point of my truck.
post #9 of 398 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlugSRT-4 View Post
Why dont you try one of those cobalts in something it was designed to do, like a road coarse and see what happens.
Shit. All I have to do is swerve one time and run there little asses over.

If you are the only one to finish the race you win right?
post #10 of 398 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 07:14 PM
The HepKitty

Quote:
Probably be a descent run on the track I guess...still murder on the street though. Street racing is the real strong point of my truck.
well assume your slow ass position in the food chain, and thats 10+ lengths behind a stock GTO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode