Raced an Elantra - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User
 
bluebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 772
Raced an Elantra

I was on my way to the gym today. On the trip there I notice a second gen Hyundai Elantra pacing me. The car was a total abortion. Glued on hood scoops like you see on trucks, A big duel wing on the trunk with fart can. It had cheap flame decals covering the enitre side of the car and it topped off the awesome look with chrome 14 inch wheels and blacked out windows. We catch a light And I thought it would be funny to throw the kid a rev. He revs back hard several times to let me know it's on! Light turns green and I out launch him but by the time we hit second he has pulled even. We stay even til 3rd and I pull ahead by a bumper. I hold my bumper lead til we hit 4th and I have a half fender lead now. I held this lead til we hit traffic and had to let off. I'm sure I would have lost if I wasn't better at rowing thru the gears than the kid. This was the cloest race I've had in a long time! I was pretty proud of my little car.

Never thought I'd win a race in my AVEO! Not a Cobalt kill but a Chevy kill.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
bluebeast is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 07:53 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast View Post
I was on my way to the gym today. On the trip there I notice a second gen Hyundai Elantra pacing me. The car was a total abortion. Glued on hood scoops like you see on trucks, A big duel wing on the trunk with fart can. It had cheap flame decals covering the enitre side of the car and it topped off the awesome look with chrome 14 inch wheels and blacked out windows. We catch a light And I thought it would be funny to throw the kid a rev. He revs back hard several times to let me know it's on! Light turns green and I out launch him but by the time we hit second he has pulled even. We stay even til 3rd and I pull ahead by a bumper. I hold my bumper lead til we hit 4th and I have a half fender lead now. I held this lead til we hit traffic and had to let off. I'm sure I would have lost if I wasn't better at rowing thru the gears than the kid. This was the cloest race I've had in a long time! I was pretty proud of my little car.

Never thought I'd win a race in my AVEO! Not a Cobalt kill but a Chevy kill.
ha WOW! I call BS on this one! hahaha
KlugSRT-4v2 is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 08:47 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,223
nah, those second gen elantras fn suck. granted it was a slow mans race, good kill...
Show Off is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Site Moderator
 
joedashow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,724
Send a message via AIM to joedashow Send a message via Yahoo to joedashow
Whoa whoa whoa... what happened here? Did you seriously race an Elantra in an Aveo? lol


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CHICAGO CUBS - NINETY-NINE YEARS OF TRADITION

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
joedashow is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User
 
bluebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 772
Ya my faster car is in the shop with clutch issues, and I haven't been able to play like normal. This was actually a very fun race, It was extremely close!!! It lasted alot longer than a regular race also do to the time it took to get up to speed

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
bluebeast is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 10:35 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,111
at first, i was like DAMN an 11 sec elantra?? wouldnt this be like on the front page of modified mag or on the covers of every asain tuner mag lmao
kelleyperformance is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 10:45 PM
Site Moderator
 
joedashow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,724
Send a message via AIM to joedashow Send a message via Yahoo to joedashow
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleyperformance View Post
at first, i was like DAMN an 11 sec elantra?? wouldnt this be like on the front page of modified mag or on the covers of every asain tuner mag lmao
I felt the exact same way when I read this, lol.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CHICAGO CUBS - NINETY-NINE YEARS OF TRADITION

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
joedashow is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User
 
bluebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 772
If you ever did run into an 11 second elantra and lost you'd want to slit your wrists.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
bluebeast is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Contributing User
 
wasey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 2,444
I want to slit my wrists for reading this lame ass 30 second story.

THE LIST too hot to handle on Cobaltss.com
wasey13 is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User
 
bluebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasey13 View Post
I want to slit my wrists for reading this lame ass 30 second story.
Please do.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
bluebeast is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally raced an STI jwolf8604 Cobalt SS vs. All 150 04-23-2007 09:29 PM
Raced an s2000.. ohshitz Cobalt SS vs. All 41 04-06-2006 02:03 AM
Raced a Victory Red SS on 495 Mercury North Eastern Forum 1 09-28-2005 03:13 PM
what ive raced Sean Cobalt SS vs. All 4 08-10-2005 03:12 PM
raced my first ss dres Cobalt SS vs. All 39 08-03-2005 06:37 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome