Coablt vs bolt on Evo vs Srt-4 - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Coablt vs bolt on Evo vs Srt-4

Well, after a very long time of not seeing a worthy adversary, i came across 2 at the exact same time.

I was on rt. 70 in cherry hill nj, across from the triplex. going westbound towards philadelphia. i had an EVO trailing me for a little while, but we were in a 2 lane section of road and there was simply no where to go. but right as the road widens to 3 lanes, we both spotted an srt-4. as luck would have it, we cought the light:twothumbs

so it had just turned red, and both dudes were cool as hell. asian guy in the evo, and the srt had a cuban flag thing hangin from his mirror. (not that their race matters, but i'm giving details.)
the evo said he had a few bolt ons, and a tune. i stated my mods, and the srt driver said he had a BOV, and spent quite a bit on a pretty sweet 2 tone (silver and blue) paint job. (i have seen this srt @ the triplex before.. and DTM was there buying an evo tonight, so maybe he'll verify its existance :lol

so i say to the evo owner, "i know i'll lose, but lets see how bad" he chuckled.. then we sat in silence in anticipation of the green light.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
the evo straight owned both of us right from the door. he might have been 4-5 cars out on me by 50ish mph. he slowed down, then paced the skittle and i for the duration of our race, (its a guess, but i imagine it was to watch)

my race with the srt was alot more exciting. i got a pretty good launch (thanks boost ramp ) and by the end of first gear i was out a fender on him. he closed that gap while i was shifting to second then, i got it back when he shifted. i continued to pull about half a car by the end second. once i was in third gear, i pulled another 2 cars. i got into 4th a little bit, but only for a second, cause i saw him rapidly slowing down. he was admitting defeat.
both of these guys were really cool. it was nice to get into a race with people who dont act like jerks. i honked to both of them as they passed by, i got a honk from the srt, and a nod from the evo.. it looked like they were lining up for a 50 roll, but thats just not my style. plus, we were pretty close to my house at this point.. and i took my exit

sorry, no one had a passenger, so there will be no video posted. it was a race of oppritunity, and i really wish the wife was there to film it, but thats life.

cliffs notes : the race starts at the dashed line, stop being lazy and read it :lol:

mods:
2.9" pulley, 42lb/hr injectors, ported blower, aem intake, full exhaust (zzp header + d/p, custom 2.5" magnaflow) ssc lowering springs, ngk plugs, some unimportant asthetic stuff..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Site Moderator

Send a message via AIM to joedashow Send a message via Yahoo to joedashow
Sounds like you had fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CHICAGO CUBS - NINETY-NINE YEARS OF TRADITION

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Contributing User

very cool good runs, your balt must be pretty quick.

05 flame red neon
MODS- ptp s3k turbo @ 27psi, ptp ported exh mani, agp wga, agp sri, jmb hardpipes, cti hotside pipe, hks ssqv bov, Ex Depot SB ic, prothane mm inserts, coolingmist w/i (trunk mount), FIC 625cc inj, agp returnline, needswings v5 dp, qtp e-cutout, maddog 50% sts, eibach sportlines, dcr oil modifier, safc2 and a few more things i can't remember

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

personal best of 13.6, but i cant change my sig cause i dont know how to photochop someone else made it for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode