another evo run - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Cool another evo run

alright well last night i was driving along and saw a EVO needless to say i was pretty excited cause i had been wanting to run one in its stock form just to see where i stood but this evo had a cat-back exhaust, C.A.I, and just a few other minor bolt ons so the guy asked me if i wanted to say run anyways we did a 40mph roll and and we were neck to neck the whole way till about the top of my 4th gear is when i pulled him by about half a car length and then by the time i got it in 5th i was goin about 145.. and at that point he slowly began to pull to about even then got me by about a fender and at this point i let off. cause i mean really 145mph. so anyways after that good run we decided to do what any car guys would do and pulled over and the guy told me that he had smoked a stageII SS by a few cars a few nights ago and that he wondered what i had needless to say he was pretty surprised to hear that i just had C.A.I and exhaust so i think he got a new found respect for the SS but as for me i was just glad i didnt get smoked like i was thinking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 05:06 PM

the evo driver must not now what he is doing
post #3 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

thats what i thought but from a roll there is only so much you gotta do now if it was from a dig and i pulled then i would say the same thing.

post #4 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 07:44 AM

He must of had some issues, from a roll a STi nor EVO can usually make a comeback. Even on the bottle or with a bigger turbo there gearing keeps them there.
post #5 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

well regardlesse we both thought that it was a very good run he was expecting to just blow me off the road and to be honest i thought the samething was gonna happen
post #6 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 12:46 PM

I have an 06 evo with exhaust and a boost controller, and ran a 12.7 at 108, with a 1.8 60ft. So maybe the driver just really didnt know what he was doing. I have raced evos with the same mods I have and beat them by a couple cars. My friend has an 06 ss that is stock and put any where from 5-6 cars on him everytime and he is a descent driver.
post #7 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

well how much are you boostin? just curious, well dam you all for stealing my thunder i thought it was a good run ha ha..
post #8 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:07 PM

I spike around 26-27 and hold about 20-22-ish till redline, Stock evos are running 19 psi.
post #9 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

yea thats what he was runnin 19lbs
post #10 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 01:16 PM

What other minor bolt ons did they guy have? besides the exhaust and c.a.i.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode