S/C vs. SE-R and SRT-4(kinda) - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

S/C vs. SE-R and SRT-4(kinda)

What's up guys?

Anyway, heading back home from college the other day, and up comes this blue 20005-06ish SE-R Sentra. Well, I knew in the back of my mind he would more than likely just lose anyway, but I don't get many races around here, so I stop on an outer road by the highway. It was one of my old friends I graduated with. We made 3 runs. Two from a stop, and one from a roll. The dig races were good, except for the 2nd one. First one: He lines up at least half a car in front of me...and honks 3 times( I do not know why he wouldn't let me line up, but traffic was coming, and I just figured I would go ahead.) i make a near perfect launch(around 1300 RPM) and no wheel-hop and hardly no spinning, I make up that half a car in what seems to have been 0-30MPH, and just pull hard after 2nd gear, and by the beggining of 4th I had already made a car length or so. The 2nd full stop race went awry....launch was awful, but still sucked him back up. the roll race from 30MPH, went well, blew past him in 2nd and just gained ground onhim like crazy. Now, the SRT-4, was in front of me the next day on the highway, and was passing cars like crazy, but would never let me run him. Well, eventually a car in front of us turned off very slowly which gave us a chance to kick down in 2nd, I punched it, and I know he did because I smelt Cat-converter, and heard the blow-off valve right before I hit 3rd gear. I didn't fall back whatsoever, just stuck right behind him the whole time until the end of 4th. But, we hit a 4 lane, and he wouldn't run me....he claimed a 75 in a 30mph zone citation, so I agreed that I would do the same...but he also stated he had K&N typhoon, and something else..but not really worth mentioning. So i think I could say that I would have run almost equally with him...

That's all I have...Wish I could add some more, but I have no idea why people don't wanna race thru here?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode