ss s/c vs turbo ls vtek hatch - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 03:46 AM Thread Starter

ss s/c vs turbo ls vtek hatch

my friend has a boosted ls vtek honda and i was wondering what mods do i need to beat him??.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 07:32 AM

you will probably need to swap out the s/c for a turbo for starters but im not sure what other work you would need. it would be a close race between a ls vtek hatch and one of our cars stock but for the hatch to be boosted it would be very hard to keep up with it. your friends car will probably blow up soon tho because ls vteks arent meant to be boosted. you have to remember that those engines are basically frankenstein engines. They are a non vtek b18 with b16 vtek heads and can blow up if the slightest thing is done wrong building them and thats when they aren't boosted.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 03:19 PM

Vtec!!!!!!!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotpants08 View Post
you will probably need to swap out the s/c for a turbo for starters but im not sure what other work you would need. it would be a close race between a ls vtek hatch and one of our cars stock but for the hatch to be boosted it would be very hard to keep up with it. your friends car will probably blow up soon tho because ls vteks arent meant to be boosted. you have to remember that those engines are basically frankenstein engines. They are a non vtek b18 with b16 vtek heads and can blow up if the slightest thing is done wrong building them and thats when they aren't boosted.
yea , i can tell you know some shit about honda.....i raced a b18c when i was stock and he beat me by at least 2 cars....right now im not stock (stage 2, intake)....at first i thought he had a mini me swap but i checked and it was a ls swap in an EG hatch..and he is only boosting 10psi so i was thinking that it might be a good race..
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 07:45 PM

LS VTEC motors are actually a pretty strong setup. stock internals and a good tune will make 450 plus whp. Been proven in Honda Tuning. and 400whp in a hatch that is most likely gutted is low 11's and high 10's.

Just my two cents though. I have a 93 GSR (b17a1) as well and have had 3 other integra's also.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 02:46 AM Thread Starter

damn, i guess i have no chance.....then again im going twincharged so maybe we'll see for now....what you got done to your tegs??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode