Cobalt/Mustang Showoff - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Cobalt/Mustang Showoff

So I was coming out of a McDonald's and this nice looking new Mustang is coming out right in front of me. I could tell when I saw it that it was a V6, it had the two lights in the front not the four (I could be wrong but last time I checked the V6s have 2 the V8s have 4). Around where I live it is a safe assumption that unless you own a ricer, it's an auto.

So as we get onto the street I start slowly creeping up on him, we aren't at high speeds or anything but as the road turns I start to pass him. As we are approaching a red flashing light he gases it as if no one was supposed to pass him, ever. I rev my engine slowly as if to say, "Hey, this is how you rev your engine. Buy a manual and throw in the clutch, then rev."

He stops in the left turn lane, I coast up and stop in the straight lane. I look over and see his back wheels spin shortly. Nice but not long, no smoke, no sound. Then he takes off, just fast enough to show that he has a fast car. I Start pulling out then slow down because I realized I should prolly make sure there aren't cars coming. Then I hit the gas, let out the clutch and squeal the tires. It wasn't anything great, I wasn't going for that, just enough to say, "Please, if you don't know what you are doing, save it."

I feel as if I left that with the upper hand. And I think even though he did have a more powerful, faster, more expensive car, I could have bested him in a race from lack of talent on his part. What's your opinion, who would you say won the 'face off'?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 08:32 PM

if it was a v6 u better beat it lol u have more whp than a stock v6 at the wheels. but v8 would b close depending if urs is s/c and any mods. a stock vs stock it would b close but hed prolly win but with a few mods u could take him specially around a track cobalts are made for the track
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

I have an LT though, not an SS.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via Yahoo to kaiah723
i think u could have takin him, power to weight, v6 mustangs arent very fast, i can take em with my 4000lb malibu.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 05:15 PM

o then it would b close stock vs stock in a short race u may win just cuz how much he weighs. but in a 1/4 mile he would prolly take u everytime depending on if either has any mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode