2009 Cobalt SS Turbo (4 door) - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 98 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

2009 Cobalt SS Turbo (4 door)

Hello All

I'm a new owner of a 2009 Summit White 4 Door Cobalt SS 4 door.

With the change in our family situation, my wife recently purchased a Ford Escape Limited, leaving a Chrysler Pacifica Limited that I owned, with no real use to us. This gave me the opportunity to remove the Pacifica from our fleet so that I could get something else to drive (manual, no Auto). You guys that know me, know that I'll hardly every drive it. :wah?!:

Agenda was to find a small performance car for under $25G's (CANADIAN DOLLARS). It boiled down to either a used 2008 Caliber SRT4 or a brand new 2009 Cobalt SS (4 door). Chrysler had no available rebates on the 09 SRT4, but did have low interest rate financing. GM on the other hand, had 0% financing (with stipulations, front the cost for tax and any deficit on your trade), or bank financing with GM $4000.00 (CANADIAN DOLLARS) cash rebate. In the end, I got this SS for just over $23G's (CANADIAN DOLLARS) and paid tax only on the difference between my trade and this car. For an extra $15.00 per payment (CANADIAN DOLLARS), I got a 7 year 60k km warranty. I figured, might as well, because it's cheap insurance, and it is a bumper to bumper warranty for 7 years.

Here's a couple of pics from this evening, as it stood outside the dealer showroom. As it stands, it's one of the only white Cobalt SS 4 doors in our province. (Was the only one listed in GM's Inventory)

Christopher A. Wong

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 98 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Contributing User

Nice buy. That puppy will really fly under the radar.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #3 of 98 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast View Post
Nice buy. That puppy will really fly under the radar.
Thanks, and yeh, police around our vicinity don't notice fast four door cars as much as they do imports, especially 2 door imports.

Christopher A. Wong

post #4 of 98 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to WICKED
summit white is tits.

post #5 of 98 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Contributing User

looks exactly like mine with stock exhaust!!! I washed mine the other day and then it rained today, looks like crap with all the dirty rain spots all over it but after work tomorrow its getting washed again, i love white

09 White LSD 4 Door SS
GMPP Stage Kit

Hahn intake, charge pipes, and cat back
ttr motor mount, CIA downpipe
post #6 of 98 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Just brought it home this afternoon, in the darn snow too. I cleaned it off as soon as I got it parked, through the car cover, from my previous Chrysler Pacifica, over top to keep the SS nice and clean.

Heck, the Pacifica car cover is so big that I can work on the SS under the car cover.

Christopher A. Wong

post #7 of 98 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Contributing User

what do you all do over at CTA

09 White LSD 4 Door SS
GMPP Stage Kit

post #8 of 98 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Bullet-Banta View Post
what do you all do over at CTA
Our company mods cars and stuff, more so with the Dodge and Ford vehicles. This is the first GM product that we decided to do some work on.

Christopher A. Wong

post #9 of 98 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Contributing User

keep us posted on what you can get out of the balt

09 White LSD 4 Door SS
GMPP Stage Kit

post #10 of 98 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Bullet-Banta View Post
keep us posted on what you can get out of the balt
I most definitely will post a progress on the balt.

Christopher A. Wong

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode