Ghey! - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Ghey!

So i found out yesterday that i dont have the limited slip

I asked the dealer and he said it had all the bells and whistles but the sunroof. Since i had bad experiences in the past with holes in the roof i didnt want one (My Monte SS had t-tops...if you notice my sig its a hardtop...ill let you figure out why). But i noticed the seats and i was like, "oh those must be the recaro seats" and he was like yep. I knew the LSD came with the seats so i was happy. I got home and checked the codes, and saw no G85! I went to the dealer yesterday and another guy confirmed it does not have the LSD.

Ghey! well i guess im shit outta luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 09:08 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Kwick SS
So i found out yesterday that i dont have the limited slip

I asked the dealer and he said it had all the bells and whistles but the sunroof. Since i had bad experiences in the past with holes in the roof i didnt want one (My Monte SS had t-tops...if you notice my sig its a hardtop...ill let you figure out why). But i noticed the seats and i was like, "oh those must be the recaro seats" and he was like yep. I knew the LSD came with the seats so i was happy. I got home and checked the codes, and saw no G85! I went to the dealer yesterday and another guy confirmed it does not have the LSD.

Ghey! well i guess im shit outta luck.
God I hate when dealers don't know wtf they're talking about (like the one trying to tell me my LS had 175hp )...but you've still got a sexy SS/SC..can't go wrong with the two tone leather .

For the '05 production year in Canada you coulnd't get the G85 package so no one up here has it except for the few that got a hold of their '06 already actually have the LSD and Recaros in their car. Just think...with that extra money you saved by not upgrading to the G85 (please make sure you didn't pay for it) you could look into the stage kits GM is releasing later this year or early next year .

PS: Maybe you should post a pic of your car (just hope it doesn't turn into the other thread lol) since it's in the picture and media post section...either that or one of the admins are going to move it to the appropriate section .

Permafried-
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

actually i got on it and i popped it from first to second and it hit pretty hard without loosing traction. Its not too bad off the line either.

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 09:37 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Kwick SS
actually i got on it and i popped it from first to second and it hit pretty hard without loosing traction. Its not too bad off the line either.
I think the only time you may really notice a difference is during turning at high speeds or when driving in winter conditions...you may hear the tires start to slip a little bit but really how often do you give it hell on a road full of twists and turns .

Permafried-
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 12:39 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permafried-
God I hate when dealers don't know wtf they're talking about (like the one trying to tell me my LS had 175hp )...but you've still got a sexy SS/SC..can't go wrong with the two tone leather .

For the '05 production year in Canada you coulnd't get the G85 package so no one up here has it except for the few that got a hold of their '06 already actually have the LSD and Recaros in their car. Just think...with that extra money you saved by not upgrading to the G85 (please make sure you didn't pay for it) you could look into the stage kits GM is releasing later this year or early next year .

PS: Maybe you should post a pic of your car (just hope it doesn't turn into the other thread lol) since it's in the picture and media post section...either that or one of the admins are going to move it to the appropriate section .

Permafried-
Sorry again, One Kwick SS.

Are any other companies making LSDs for the car? Maybe some of you guys should try looking for wrecked G85 equipped Cobalts.

THE LIST too hot to handle on Cobaltss.com
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 12:45 PM

There is a site I have bookmarked @ home that has the Quaife (sp) LSD available on their site for our cars, it's $1,400 for the unit though.
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

ouch!...
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu
There is a site I have bookmarked @ home that has the Quaife (sp) LSD available on their site for our cars, it's $1,400 for the unit though.
That and it's an extremely invasive procedure when it comes to the transmission itself. Someone on .net mentioned they looked into it and GM basically recommends you buy the entire transmission because it could end up costing you less in labour in the long run.

Permafried-
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 10:27 PM

Stop saying "ghey"..it's "gay"..man, you guys are mega brainwashed by all the liberal activists.
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permafried-
how often do you give it hell on a road full of twists and turns .

Permafried-
a hell of a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode