Got a Pontiac Solstice for a week - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Got a Pontiac Solstice for a week

Well my dad got a Pontiac Solstice from the GM plant to test on thursday, we have it for a week. Alls I can say about this car is WOW it is fast, and is sweet for the price. It is 2800lbs it has 177hp and 166lbs of torque and is a almost perfectly 50/50 balanced 2 seater w/convertable top. This car flys, its a 5spd it doesnt rip but is till good for a 4banger. (Everyone happy now or should I fix any other mistakes) Here are a few pics

Last edited by SuperSport; 10-03-2005 at 08:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Contributing User

Oh man that car looks a whole lot better with its top down. They are bad ass though. Also just to let you know Ecotec does not = variable valve timing. Ecotec is just the name of the series of motors, like zetec and duretec for Ford,... B, K, D, F, H series for Honda,... Hemi for Dodge,... Vortec for GM and so on.

THE LIST too hot to handle on Cobaltss.com
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 12:14 AM

They are nice cars. The owner of SSBC got one in to modify for SEMA. Scrap that 2.4......it's getting an LS2 converson, and a whole bunch of parts that seem rather out of place on a car like this......all in all it's a neat little car though.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 12:43 AM
Contributing User

SuperSport, is that a dark blue or black color or even the dark green???

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 01:11 AM

Hey supersport, take it down to Cecil and run that thing!
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 02:58 AM

Yes Ecotec does not automatically mean VVT, but the 2.4 in the Solstice does indeed have VVT.

And I'm sorry but if you think a stock base solstice rips you need to ride in a performance car more often.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 05:44 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport
Well my dad got a Pontiac Solstice from the GM plant to test on thursday, we have it for a week. Alls I can say about this car is WOW it is fast, and is sweet for the price. It starts at under $20,000, it is 2800lbs it has 177hp and over 200lbs of torque and is a almost perfectly 50/50 balanced 2 seater w/convertable top. This car flys, its a 5spd with varaible timing (ecotec as Cobalt guys like to call it) and this thing just rips threw every gear. Here are a few pics I took out in the driveway:

177hp and only 166 ft/lbs of torque. Where did you get over 200 from??? Under $20k it is base everything, no power windows or locks, no rear lsd, no ASB, no cruise control. For most people that car starts $22,500. Still very sweet, I can't wait to see how much higher they price the Sky at. Probably $22k but they will have all the features above standard.

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 10:41 AM

Actually, How about you drive it up to Harrisburg, PA so we can take it and do an awesome photoshoot? Sound good? LoL

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 11:13 AM

and feel free to send that scrap motor to havre de grace, maryland, send me a pm and ill give ya my address.....
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookdupdelsol
Actually, How about you drive it up to Harrisburg, PA so we can take it and do an awesome photoshoot? Sound good? LoL
You would say that...... LOL

Looks really nice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode