Vid: RL Hauls Ass in Pittsburgh - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Vid: RL Hauls Ass in Pittsburgh

Posted this up in the Redline forums:

http://videos.streetfire.net/player....6-F26D37EB5148

Coupla runs through a long ass tunnel around here...me wasting some guy in a Protege who thought he could run.

I installed a short ram intake last week, so you all can hear what that sucker (blower?) sounds like, in a tunnel, 0-120+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 03:54 PM

That sounds sweet as hell.

lol, I like how you speed like hell but signal on every turn.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thfreedom
That sounds sweet as hell.

lol, I like how you speed like hell but signal on every turn.
Someone on the RL forums said the same thing

I don't do that around traffic much, if at all. Just wanted some shots of my RL w/ the new intake.

As for signaling...pisses me off when others don't. So I do. I don't have a problem w/ speeders though

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 10:21 PM

Sounds great.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 10:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to CoBIZZLE
I do like the way it sounds! Lemme drive it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 11:19 PM

Awesome sound!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLSDuke82
Posted this up in the Redline forums:

http://videos.streetfire.net/player....6-F26D37EB5148

Coupla runs through a long ass tunnel around here...me wasting some guy in a Protege who thought he could run.

I installed a short ram intake last week, so you all can hear what that sucker (blower?) sounds like, in a tunnel, 0-120+
I might just have to take a road trip and have you take me for a ride though that tunnel sometime.

Man the more i think about it we need to set up some kind of meet sometime soon like next year...???

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Hasn't anyone here w/ a Cobalt S/C ripped open their air box yet and installed a short ram or CAI? I assume someone has, but don't have time to look through the forums.

I did a $25 "welfare" ram...completely changed the feel of 1st gear (smoother, easier to hook up), and 2nd's butt dyno feels a little better. You all should've seen what GM had the Ion Red Line breathing through stock...a little snorkle all the way up by the headlight.

An easier home mod I did in an afternoon. And now the sound! Over 3,000 RPM, I can't hear my exhaust any more. Sound like a turbine Been scaring ricers left and right...and others, too.

Best thing is, below 3,000 RPM (cruise), can't tell I changed anything. But at WOT, can hear me a few blocks away.

Turbos might be easier to get more power out of, but damn...they don't sound like this

Last edited by SLSDuke82; 11-17-2005 at 08:26 AM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 08:49 AM

Going thru that tunnel it looked like I was in star wars or something!

I hate to say it, but it seems as if the car is very slow!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomt5078
Going thru that tunnel it looked like I was in star wars or something!

I hate to say it, but it seems as if the car is very slow!
It's def. the perspective. I thought the same thing watching it, but after adding the short ram intake, it feels a touch quicker. And we're the same speed as a Cobalt SS/SC, considering we're siblings.

If I was doing that speed on a two-lane road w/ trees and whatnot, it'd "look" quicker. Just watch my speedo. I get up to 90, then beyond, pretty quickly.

And that Protege was at WOT. Not a fast car, but gives you an idea of my speed. The only other way to get perspective is to watch the left side of your screen in the long tunnel. See the doorways? I'm not sure how far apart they are, but it's a pretty damn long distance. Otherwise, with the lights not being broken apart, solid centerlines, and an even white paint, it's hard to tell how fast I was going w/o looking at my speedo (I think I hit 125, 130).

For example, watch the last part, as I'm taking the offramp. As I get into the left lane and punch it in 2nd gear, then go into 3rd, it looks faster than the tunnel run, but I only took it to 70 mph or so.

Couple people have PMed me about the intake. Here's the link on the Ion Red Line forum:

http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/...m-install.html

Don't know how helpful it'll be, as I haven't seen a Cobalt SS/SC's intake.

Last edited by SLSDuke82; 11-17-2005 at 10:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode