My new hood and Cobalt's big brother - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

My new hood and Cobalt's big brother

Posted this up on the .net site figured i would post it here for those interested. I hit a deer in my cobalt and it ruined the whole front end bumper hood both fenders both headlights. I bought the CF hood from [email protected] and had it panted the same color as the car with the manta stripe.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 12:40 PM

I love the hood, I am not a big fan of the black stripe though, That stripe is more of a Camaro thing not for a Cobalt. But to each his own.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 12:41 PM

Looks good. I wouldnt mind getting one of those hoods on my car. Now that i know what it looks like painted on there, i really want one. Nice car(s). Whats the camaro run in the 1/4?

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 01:26 PM

not bad at all
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 01:32 PM

Very SSexy
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 01:36 PM

Looks very nice with paint on it. Why don't you box it up and send it to me so I can paint it silver

Peace
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

thansk to all for te compliments

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandmrt
Looks good. I wouldnt mind getting one of those hoods on my car. Now that i know what it looks like painted on there, i really want one. Nice car(s). Whats the camaro run in the 1/4?
My best in the Camaro was [email protected] with nitto drags and 103 octane race gas. But on any given day with DR's i will run low 12's, it is an auto so it is very consistent (i have won a few bracket racing trophies)
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 08:07 PM

ronnie, that looks REAL nice, the hood lines up way better than I could ever expect, and I like how you got the hood painted, instead of leaving it as-is...if only that scoop was functional now...

edit - and do you run the camaro at the atlanta drag strip? I've been needing to run down there someday to race because I run in bristol, TN, and the track absolutely sucks ...the camaro is nice too, but that's a given
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 10:53 PM

Nice job of putting her back together....
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilator
ronnie, that looks REAL nice, the hood lines up way better than I could ever expect, and I like how you got the hood painted, instead of leaving it as-is...if only that scoop was functional now...

edit - and do you run the camaro at the atlanta drag strip? I've been needing to run down there someday to race because I run in bristol, TN, and the track absolutely sucks ...the camaro is nice too, but that's a given

The scoop is functional to an extent. It keeps the under hood temps down and brings fresh air into the engine bay. If you are talking funtionality as ram air, then your right, it would be nice to have. Everyone says that it wouldnt help that much on a boosted engine, but hey every little helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode