Hardwired my Detector - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Hardwired my Detector

I bought an x50 last week and also and just hardwired so it looks nice and clean no cords. Theres the pics of it took me about 3hours because I had to run out and get a fuse tap but it was worth it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 08:52 PM

It looks nice and I also always hardwire mine to a switch. I dont know how the laws are in florida but in wisconsin you can get pulled over for having it on the windshield. Not because of the detector but because of Obstructed Drivers Vision.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 09:09 AM

Looks good. and no problem with them on the windshield in florida. I used to tap on mine and smile as I drove by the cops sitting clocking people. lol
but they know me.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 01:11 PM

Would it be possible for someone to do a how-to on this. Would be very helpful. Thanks.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

I dont think I'll have a problem with it on the windshield no one else I know has. As for a how-to later I can write a little something up later and maybe get a picture or two.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 03:07 PM

On my 06 RL (this can work with any 06 GM) There is a ground and a hot (when key is on) on the rear of the mirror for On*. It sits right under my mirror. I wired my detector to that so I don't even need a switch or anything. If you want I can post pictures and what wires you need to tap, but I don't know how many 06's there are interested.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRemorse
On my 06 RL (this can work with any 06 GM) There is a ground and a hot (when key is on) on the rear of the mirror for On*. It sits right under my mirror. I wired my detector to that so I don't even need a switch or anything. If you want I can post pictures and what wires you need to tap, but I don't know how many 06's there are interested.
I didnt wire mine to a switch, I used a fuse tap and put it over the windshield wiper fuse so when I turn the car on it comes on and when I turn it off it turns off. I considered mounting it higher but I would have had to run it up the a piller and the headliner because I dont have any power source closer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode