Project Ninja: Stage Two - Lighting [56k beware] - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Project Ninja: Stage Two - Lighting [56k beware]

Ok guys, finally some stuff is coming out for our cars and ill be geting to that in the following 3 stages. as of right now ill post what i have done since my last post.

Project Ninja: Stage One - Window Tint [56k beware]
Project Ninja: Stage Two - Lighting [56k beware]

UPCOMING:
Project Ninja: Stage Three - Suspension [56k beware]

Nokya Artic headlamps.

Street Glow PRO Underbody Lights

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 08:06 PM

i have to say, i am not a fan of neons. settle down srt guys, not the cars, the lights. j/k BUT anywho, that car looks SICK. maybe i shall change my thoughts thanks to you . to comment especially on the last picture- if i were a car, i would fear for my life.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 11:32 PM

Now all you need is the a string of LED lights flashing one at a time back and forth like the hastlehoff transam the "night rider". LOL I have to say I was not a fan the NEON thing (the lights) because it all leans towards the rice wing (get it right wing - rice wing) ok not that funny. seriously I have to agree with KPerformance that this has definitely made me think about it more. maybe because it was done right? I dont know. Two thumbs up!

PS - I think maybe I will get one neon to get the demon from behind you look. the last picture is what really got me as well. great head lights though. did you do the driving lamps as well?

Last edited by ssnipes; 02-16-2006 at 11:35 PM. Reason: PS

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the comments about the UBL's. I wasnt a fan either till i though about how i could position them to make that front end look fierce.

As for the headlamps, i only did the actual headlamps artic white because im waiting on someone to come out with a high quality clear front lights to get rid of that nasty orange turn signal.

Also, anyone know what size bulb is in the fog lights? I hadn't had a chance to look yet.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 11:42 AM

Question about the bulbs, the Nokya Artics, are they any good? Did you notice any loss of being able to see? The last time I bought bulbs, the were "new blue", the gases were xenon and krypton. They were really green and i lost a lot of vision at night. But on my civic (RIP 05/05) I bought basically blue headlights and couldn't see shit either, but they looked great. Just wondering.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

They look great and you see just as well as with the stock ones. I was worried about this to. The only noticable difference is when you have your high beams on, since these are the 80w and not the 100w - 100W ALSO AVAILABLE www.modernperformance.com - the highbeams are a little lower then stock. But iid trade a little highbeam power for the WAY better look.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 01:34 PM

the fogs are H11. i believe they sell those Nokya lights in H11. i want to find a way to put the light to shine through the front opening, but not on the ground. any ideas
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 01:54 PM

I love the neons. I've been waiting for someone to post some pics with them.
can you take some underbody pics so I can see where you mounted them?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Yup, ill take some whilst i take pics of the Eibach Lowering Springs im putting on early next week / this weekend.

Quote:
the fogs are H11. i believe they sell those Nokya lights in H11. i want to find a way to put the light to shine through the front opening, but not on the ground. any ideas
Yeah, my light is pointing back [toward the intercooler] so if you point yours UP [towards the radiator i think youll get the effect you want.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 02:14 PM

Boo... Not a fan of anything you have done at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode