New Shorty Antenna 56k beware - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 02:55 AM Thread Starter
iso
Contributing User

New Shorty Antenna 56k beware

i just got this shorty antenna from antennaX off of ebay. it was 15 bucks... 10 for the antenna and 5 for shipping. it was a pretty good deal, and i love the way it looks over that gigantic stock antenna. i haven't tried out the radio or my ipod fm transmitter yet to make sure the quality is the same, but when i do i'll let everyone know.

here's some pics for now.

i'll get some daylight shots later this week.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

custom valve tap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 06:24 AM

Sweet I got the same one. waiting for it. Hey, whose MKII gti is that next to you?
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
iso
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Video2402
Sweet I got the same one. waiting for it. Hey, whose MKII gti is that next to you?
yea, i like the way it looks a lot. as for the gti, i have no idea who's it is, whoever i parked next to in the lot. it's one of the larger lots on campus.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

custom valve tap

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 09:18 AM
p7x
Contributing User

i prefer mine and if your wondering about reception it's not as bad as you might think
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
iso
Contributing User

where'd you get that from? and the reception isn't as bad as i think, but it has deteriorated right? i can't have my reception be any worse than stock, since even stock the ipod fm transmitter sounds like garbage.

custom valve tap
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 09:26 AM
p7x
Contributing User

It's just a rubber vaccum plug, and surprisingly recpetion is not that bad, but it would be worse than stock. I use to use my ipod but couldnt stand the shit quality of sound so went back to cd's but this summer getting my the ipod adapter hardwired in the car so theres no sound quality lost.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 09:26 AM
Contributing User

I see you p7x :d

Is the reception noticably different?

Fast - 1991 Syclone #1616: sold

Project - 1992 Typhoon #0014: in the works

Ugly - 1986 Omni GLH-T2: 202 HP, 243 TQ, 14.150 @ 98.74 MPH

Wifey's - 2006 SS S/C:
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 09:36 PM

It is usually the ipods and their transmitters that are to blame not the antenna. I had one that always sucked even if I set the ipod next to the ipod on the trunk. I would reccomend a hardwire. as for the antennas I dont like that nipple set up. It's so short you might as well shave the whole thing and re-paint it. I do like the shorty though.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
iso
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cams
It is usually the ipods and their transmitters that are to blame not the antenna. I had one that always sucked even if I set the ipod next to the ipod on the trunk. I would reccomend a hardwire. as for the antennas I dont like that nipple set up. It's so short you might as well shave the whole thing and re-paint it. I do like the shorty though.
yea, the receotion sucks with my stock antenna, so any deterioration of reception is going to make it even worse. i plan on hardwiring my ipod in when i get my new head unit into the car, but for now i have no way of doing it.

custom valve tap
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 01:38 AM
Site Moderator

Send a message via AIM to joedashow Send a message via Yahoo to joedashow
So iso, how's the reception with they shorty? I'm ready to buy the same antenna, but I'd just like to know how the reception is (though I'll probably end up getting it anyway ).

CHICAGO CUBS - NINETY-NINE YEARS OF TRADITION

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode