My dyno plots - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

My dyno plots

Mods are minimal and are S1, K&N drop-in, AGP WGA, TurboXS HPMBC, JMB UPP w/ HKS SSQV.

This plot is off my stock (w/ K&N filter) run back when I first bought the car versus my highest new run.

This run was my new baseline versus my highest run

This run is of all 3 pulls I did today.
First baseline pull was with boost levels spiking to 16-17 psi and dropping off around 13-14 psi @ redline.
Second pull was with boost raised to spike 17-18 psi and drop to a steady 15 psi @ redline.
Final run was with even more raised boost to spike 18-20 spi and dropped off to 15 psi @ redline.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 01:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to CoBIZZLE
280ft/lbs is nice! Good numbers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBIZZLE
280ft/lbs is nice! Good numbers!
Its ok. I was expecting more but I have a small boost leak and no mapclamp so i think the PCM was pulling timing on the last two runs, otherwisae power would of been slightly higher I'm sure.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to cavingman
how was the temp? thats usually a good size factor in numbers getting lower also...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

it was about 68-70% humidity and upper 60's to low 70's when I ran
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to cavingman
humidity :[

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavingman
humidity :[
welcome to the south

The real factor is a boost leak I believe. That plus coupled with the PCM pulling timing is my main reason why I think I wasn't making what I thought. Its a easy fix. Map clamp and return line = tuning fo mo powa
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 12:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to CoBIZZLE
Are boost leaks common in SRT4's, I hear about em a lot?!?

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBIZZLE
Are boost leaks common in SRT4's, I hear about em a lot?!?
They are common on any turbocharged car.

Its funny to see people on .net talk down about SRT4 because they have "boost leaks". Hell, every turbo car owner I know deals with boost leaks. Doesn't matter if its a SRT4, a turbo RSX, stock Supra, old diesel turbo work truck, etc etc. Its just part of owning a turbo car and doing the basic maintenance. Should check for boost leaks evey oil change or so.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 04:43 PM

Nice #'s, and as predicted, stg 1 max out on 17 psi, any higher and the pcm will start to pull timing. But I'm glad to see the dyno results that would prove this theory. Thanks for the post, and like most peeps says, with your setup, it's not really that far from stg 2. You must have big time traction problem or wheel hop with first gear. I know I do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode