blue and orange headlights gone crazy ;-) - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

blue and orange headlights gone crazy ;-)

Here are a few teaser pics of a customers colormatched E-blue Valeo H7 halogen retro for his E-blue SRT4 neon. Damn what a mouth full . I know it doesn't help much being that its on a Orange Blast car and also not completed but its just a teaser. The chrome bezel is compliments of our very own HIDPlanet (found here BTW http://www.hidplanet.com/bezels.html). Adds a nice touch along with the chrome portion around the turn signal not painted but rather left chrome. We are stuck on the fence wether or not to paint the bezel but personally I'd do it exactly like my chop below if it were my car. It's whatever he decides though.

The bezel

Random cool pic

This is the chop of how I'd like for it to be done. He originally wanted to paint over the turn signal area and the bezel but I honestly like and prefer a little bit of mixture in color/finishes to add more depth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 09:30 AM

Looking good. Like Always!! Nice pics, BTW.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Got one completely painted. All that is left now for this one is to mount on the lens and test for durability against the heat from the halogen projector. These put out more heat than HID but hopefully it won't cause any issue with the Mopar paint. I'm going to test this one under close watch and leave it running for a few hours. Anyways, here are some pics of it partially assembled just without the clear outer lens attached. Looks clean to me IMO.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 10:30 PM

WOW man you do some really nice work....

post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 05:30 AM

So can I send my headlights to you guys? I am freaking scared to do mine myself, I don't want them totally screwed up, and paint is def not my thing help please!!! Also what color do you think for a yellow car? The factory color or black? ahhh...but I am hoping to not have my car down forever due to headlight either, quite a dilemma here!!
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 10:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to CoBIZZLE
Beautiful as always, looks nice, why not HID's though?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBIZZLE
Beautiful as always, looks nice, why not HID's though?

He didn't have the funds to go all out. Its ok though because this Valeo H7 responds very well to HID with the use of a D2S adapter plate and using OEM HID components. So later on his does have the option to have GREAT HID performance for when he has the money saved up for the equipment. Plus he won't have to swap out projectors for HID later on, so he kinda gets the best of both worlds I guess you could say . These are the same projectors used in alot of Audi's.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Here is the one with the lens mounted. I'm going to test for heat durability now.

post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to CoBIZZLE
Nice!! I like it a lot!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 12:08 AM

looks really good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode