'06 SRTNationals pics - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

'06 SRTNationals pics

Had a freaking BLAST! Unfortunatly I don't have all the 700+ pics I took until a few more days. A friend of mine brought his PC for me to dump them to and he's going to send me the rest later.

Mainly I have only some of the drag racing pics. The roadcourse pics should come out great as I had access to photog exclusive areas around the track. Was a great learning experience to say the least!

Awesome 10 second Omni

8 second/180+ mph trap Charger

Awesome DCR race SRT4. They broke 3 torque converters on the day but finally got one pass to around 100+ ft. before the last one blew.

Darrel Cox, his girlfriend (sorry can't remember her name right now) and Mike Crawford (driver). Awesome people to meet!

Darrel and Mike discussing....

Getting ready for the burnout...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

And then this happened
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPH25sQWnKs

He put her back together one last time. Staged her up for IMHO a awesome sunset setting backdrop burnout...

A earlier shot before that one of it rolling or should I say pouring out of the smoke? ...

The pass...

Lots of cars were there. I am limited to only having a few on this card off my camera. I need the other pics to show some more variety in SRT line-up but here is a nice 300C SRT8.

A nice blue SRT shot...

This female-piloted blown Durango sounded so damn good. I think something was up with their tranny or gearing because it seemed to drop too low of gear on the 2-3 shift. Made one badass burnout too in the burnout competition!

More GLH! :thumbsup:

Another sunset pass from a 70+ year old SRT4 owner! Way to go Ed!

I can't remember if this was another 10 second Charger or not. I know the ultra sleeper blue one would of fooled anyone at the local street red light. Love some sleepers.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 09:54 PM

AWSOME!!!! we are in the works of planning a ECOTEC meet for the summer of 07 if you have any ideas or coments PLEASE feel free to message me! It started over at the RL forums and they dont want anything but LSJ's and they said that at the SRT-4 nationals only srts are there. Thanks for the proof that other dodge cars attend! that will help a bit with what people will say when its opened up to every ECOTEC powered vehicle

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

It was a SRT event but it was made by Dodge/Mopar enthusiasts for Dodge/Mopar enthusiasts. We certainly were'nt going to not allow any Performance Dodge car to be there. The event was just catered and highlighted to the pinacle of Mopar/Dodge, the SRT line-up. However, all Dodge vehicles were welcomed with open arms!

As far as help or insight, I might suggest getting in contact with Dale Sealey on srtofurms. He was the man and driving force behind this years event. Without him, none of it would of happened. Heartlant Park in Topeka, KS was a GREAT place IMHO to hold a "national" event as its facility is top notch. It has a drag strip, autox pad, dirt track and of course roadcourse all on-site so you don't have to go driving all around towns to several different style tracks. Also tons of hotels around and its in the middle of the country so its equal to pretty much the rest of the country to drive/fly there.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 12:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to CoBIZZLE
Nice! Looks like it was a blast.. as for the guy with 4 converters... tell him to throw some cash my way! LOL j/k!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

I love this pic

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Cool for them to get out for us photogs standing in this area including star cards heh. These two drivers were having a good time going at each other.

Catch up!!

Better watch Steve!

Sex, but I'd take mine in silver!

Wahh no fair. Yours is bigger than mine
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Last ones for the night....

More of Hybrid Kid "Project Blue"

I want to know what this car was waxed with! :wah?!:

FWD Perf

ptc01

Gotta love those shifter carts :thumbsup:

Clean white ACR
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 10:15 PM

wow great pics, that must of been fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode