autox pics - various cars - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 06:18 AM Thread Starter

autox pics - various cars

Went out this morning to go cover the local autox scene for some shots. Meet up with some friends and had a blast! Not too many SRT4s out there except for a good friend of mine. I guess the rest are scared to try turns :rofl:

Anyways, I'll post up some of my favs but all of them will be here in this directory http://www.haknslash.com/pictures/D5...autoxdogtrack/

I have alot to load up so not all of the pics are in the directory right now. Please check back on it periodically thru tonight to check all of them out. I have video as well.

Comments welcomed!

3-wheelin'

Fastest guy out there! This is not your normal fox body...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

This guy could drive like no other.

Old school DSM

More pics to come... :thumbsup:
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

NOT a slobra

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

Last ones for the day, more to come tonight.

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 10:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to CoBIZZLE
How did those roadsters fair? The Miatas and the Solstice, and how did they compare to each other... I know its mainly driver out there but Im just curious..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 12:11 PM

Great shots.

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBIZZLE
How did those roadsters fair? The Miatas and the Solstice, and how did they compare to each other... I know its mainly driver out there but Im just curious..
The solstice is a great platform, but the first year ones are of course going to have thier share of issues much like any car. The LSD is already on recall for them. As far as how each other compare, well alot of editors rate the Solstice as being the better handler stock for stock BUT...and a BIG but....stock on a Miata is smaller wheels/tires (16" on 205/50's) than the more option check box-savy Miata can come with such as wider wheels (17" on 205/45's). Stock for the Solstice is a MASSIVE 245/45 18" wheel/tire combo. So as you can guess, naturally the Solstice will win "stock for stock" comparisons but in the end, it all depends on which "stock" Miata your comparing it to and of course the more important factor, driver skill. Both cars are great at what they're made for, carving up turns.

If i had to pick between the two, i'd go with the solstice just based on standard 18 wheels and it appeals to me more looks-wise. I like the edgier Sky over the Solstice.

Another problem noted by after chating w/ the owner of that Solstice is that he said the cup holders are placed in a location in the armrest that needs to be addressed in the following year Solstice's. He said everytime he would be railing thru turns and need to slam into gears fast, his elbow would hit the release mechanism for the cup holders to "pop up" and would realy mess up his driving. normally you wouldn't hit it but giving the car a good workout like it was designed for, it easily happens. Something GM needs to address I'd say since a good majority of these owners of these cars WILL be autoxing, road course racing and doing just normal Joe spirited driving.

87CamaroPA, thanks bud!

Last edited by orange juice; 08-14-2006 at 02:03 PM.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

MORE...I HAVE PLENTY MORE COMING HEH

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 09:22 PM

Yeah that Solstice look's really stable going into that turn for it being a stock car.

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 11:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to CoBIZZLE
Oh Im with you bout the Sky! I LOVE that thing, I have my girlfriend talked into gettin a redline (here comes another BIG if) IF she can afford... of course I'll gladly do my best to help her out... as long as we get to trade up once in a while!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode